Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2011 :  20:18:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've posted in this bit as its in connection with my female house snake Echo.
I've known she's been in blue so today I decided to check on her and found bits of shed everywhere,most of it was still on her though. I tried the damp towel thing and it was a nightmare as she wasn't really doing anything,had hoped her moving through it would have got rid. Managed to get it off in the end but she really didn't seem herself. Could this be due to the stress of the bad shed?
Nothings changed,she's in the same tub since I've had her. Her brother is set up identically and he's fine. They both have moist hides and theres never been an issue,wondering if the central heatings contributed.
I can't get her to the vets tonight due to the kids,but if theres no change in her tomorrow I'll hopefully take her.
In the mean time,I've heard about the powerade treatment a few times and wondered if it was worth a try?

Theres pics of her in the other reptiles photo section that I took a week and a half ago.

Sorry for posting it in this bit but I'm rather stressed and thought it may get spotted quicker.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2011 :  20:45:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
powerade bath may well work as a pick me up, its very similar to bathing in reptoboost but if snake is limp not sure stressing her out any further is the best idea. May be worth trying though.

Dont see the central heating being an issue if they both have damp hides.

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2011 :  21:07:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poor little Echo, maybe he's just knackered and stressed trying to get all the skin off, may have been going at it for hours before you found him. Rather than bathe him in the Powerade mix you could put a bit of it in his water bowl and maybe encourage him near it, might take a drink, might take a soak but then its his choice and not quite as stressful.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

nusnakemum
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1612 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2011 :  21:41:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hope all goes ok Mort x

0.0.1 corn Ernest
0.1.0 leopard gecko Mrs T
1.0.0 anery Black Eyed Bill RIP Bill x
2.0.0 kids
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2011 :  21:42:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the idea of putting some in the water bowl lotabob,as I was worried about stressing her further. Good idea!
The central heating was the only thing I could think of that was different,clutching at straws I think there.
I've just taken a look at her,she's behind her warm end hide and as I moved the hide a little I saw her tail move. She wasn't even moving her tail earlier so I feel a little better about things. Will leave her in peace now till tomorrow and try the pwerade in her bowl if she still seems weak.

Thanks both of you,got myself proper worked up over it earlier.

0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2011 :  21:43:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks nusnakemum.

1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2011 :  21:45:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oops sorry Echo I thought you was a boy lol. I'm sure with a bit of rest SHE will be fine.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2011 :  21:47:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its ok,she's too tired to notice. Eli's the boy!
Think she'll be getting more rest than me,doubt I'll sleep tonight with the worry.

1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2011 :  21:56:30  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hope she feels better soon Mort.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2011 :  22:00:48  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
aww best of luck to echo Mort and try not to stress yourself out anymore mate sounds like uve done as much as u possibly cant hope she bounces back tomorrow ive always wondered if shedding is tiring for the snakes as mine always seem quite hungry after

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2011 :  22:05:15  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Moooooort! Little echo gotta be ok!!

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  08:59:56  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hope she feels better soon bless her.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  11:25:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thankyou everyone.
I checked on Echo before taking the kids school this morning and she seemed better. For starters she was moving and was using her body to hold onto my hand. Yesterday she was just hanging from my hand like a piece of string (kept thinking she'd died). She's not quite as active as normal but I'm going to try the Powerade thing with her later.

This was her this morning:

One to show her body condition (which I think looks fine):

She's now using her tongue again,she hardly used it last night:

I'm feeling better about things now,and just think the poor girls worn herself out. Seeing her like that was absolutely heartbreaking.

1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

hugorune
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  11:43:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww Im glad shes feeling better, and hopefully she will improve through the day
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  13:01:29  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Bless her, glad shes feeling better though.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  13:47:37  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
aww glad to see shes looking/feeling a lot better and that you are less stressed mate i know how you feel when one of your pets is sick i feel powerless and useless and it upsets me then i get the feeling like ive failed them which i knows rubbish but you cant help it

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  14:47:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Silly worm Must have just tired herself out, like you say!
Hope she's back to normal soon for you
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  21:13:04  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Glad shes better. what morph is she

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  21:22:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww good to see her getting bck to normal, a powerade bath will have her whizzing round like a loon in no time.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  22:03:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
personally, i wouldnt do anything, just leave her be, shes a healthy weight, she looks fine, and shes certainly not dehydrated, so no need for powerade. I would just leave her be for now, i guess she probably got herself worked up over thepoopshed.

Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2011 :  07:58:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A lot of good advice but my first impression was she looks fine so as Mike says do nothing, I'm sure she will be fine.

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000