The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 what made you choose your snakes name

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tordyjo Posted - 13/11/2011 : 21:08:31
May seem like a random post, but i think i'm gonna have to get more snakes as i've a ton of names to give them. I've recently become a huge fan of the spartacus tv series and now feel the need to name some lovely snakes after the charactors, especially spartacus, crixus and gannicus.

(Ladies if you've never seen these men may i suggest a trip to you tube)
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
paulie78 Posted - 21/11/2011 : 09:59:47
I always try to pick mythical/fantasy names or name my pets after favourite characters ..in the past ive had rats called Buffy,Willow,Arwen,Chinchillas called Gandalf and smeagol etc you get the idea soo..

Eddie..was originally planned to be called Smaug after the dragon from the hobbit however the night before i picked him up i went to see iron maiden live at the o2 was still on a bit of a high when i picked "smaug" up lol

Artemis ..i love greek mythology and thought itd be very fitting to name her after the greek goddess of the hunt

Eve..i wanted something biblical and i thought eve was kinda ironic lol

Barl...me being geeky again if anyones read the Innocent/Awakened mage series of books by Karen miller (if you are a fantasy fan and you havent read them you really should!!) they will be familiar with Barl for those who havent Barl is a powerfull mage who holds godlike status throughout the books though she was a historical figure and is only actually present in one of the books (a prequel)
gingerpony Posted - 20/11/2011 : 21:39:12
all my corns have tree or flower-based names (except the rehomes) i think i must have been going through a tree-hugging-hippy-c**p phase lol
i have/have had:
Birch
Spruce
Petal
Maple
Hazel
Poppy
Ash
Orange
Beech
Lavender
.....are the ones that spring to mind.........and a Rex and an Oscar and the anery striped motley holdback is currently (and imaginatively!) called Anst
lotabob Posted - 20/11/2011 : 21:14:14
quote:
Originally posted by Toki

We have an Ultra corn that needs a name :) she's orange and a light creamy/brown colour. Any suggestions would be awesome ;)

TERRY

(chocolate orange)
smart bunny Posted - 20/11/2011 : 20:30:43
Corno is my son's snake, and despite us throwing loads of (in our opinions) really cool names at him, that's what he was set on lol!

Ooooh orange and cream..... sounds pretty! No ideas currently though.
Toki Posted - 20/11/2011 : 19:57:28
Toki our first hognose was named after the character Toki Wartooth from the Metalocolyse series as he was so adorable and carefree.
Mort our kingsnake is named after Mort in the Terry Pratchett discworld series. (Am planning on naming many more along these lines ;))
Remi our bearded dragon ... like the name :) inspired by a doctor in the TV series House.
Red our corn took us forever to name! Settled on it as she is named afetr many amusing film characters and ... she's red lol.
Mia our albino hognose ... pretty name for a pretty snake (and the OH wouldn't let me name her Bella :()
Freddie our hognose ... gotta admit i'm a big Queen fan and the little hog is very quirky.

We have an Ultra corn that needs a name :) she's orange and a light creamy/brown colour. Any suggestions would be awesome ;)

Sta~ple Posted - 20/11/2011 : 19:41:04
Venom: I didn't choose, my mummykins did as she wanted to scare the neighbors.
Char: Anery that looked like she had lumps of charcoal for her saddles when we got her. Not Charmanderor Charizard as some weridos would think with their crazy Pokemon obsessions.
Ember: It was red.
Rattles: He's a moody git that always rattles his tail.
Ozzy/Ozzie (Not sure on the spelling yet XDXDXDXD: He's jet black, he's a king and somehow hose two make him like the Prince of Darkness or something. Plus he's probably bite off a doves head too and spit it out if he could, maybe. And wasn't so soppy.
SheWolfey Posted - 20/11/2011 : 16:20:08
Indra got her name... because I just liked it. It reminds me of India
Exciting story XD
Rake Posted - 20/11/2011 : 13:00:25
my corn derek was named by my daughter, came out of the pet shop and its the first name she thought of and stuck with, my garter jaws was because the moment i took him out of his delivery wrapping first thing he did was bite me and its all his done since lol and my royal porky came about because it turned out to be a girl and my lil boy thought she was fat
Okeetee Mick Posted - 20/11/2011 : 11:35:36
Go TrueBlood
hannah2016 Posted - 20/11/2011 : 11:18:46
i named mine flicka just cuz i thought it sounded like a snake name :) but it does defo suit her :)
SexyBear77 Posted - 20/11/2011 : 10:52:53
Mine are all named after film/tv/book characters.
Vince_the_snake Posted - 20/11/2011 : 08:54:18
I named mine vince from the mighty boosh
Kehhlyr Posted - 20/11/2011 : 01:14:36
I had my little retic named for me.
Being a retic, and likely to have a chance to cause me to wee myself in the future he was given the name Dia.
Seems quite apt, although spelling has been changed to make it easier to pronounce and understand.

As for the others, shall list them at some point.
ScalySituation Posted - 14/11/2011 : 13:26:14
just liked the name sonny :)
Lotsofsmoggies Posted - 14/11/2011 : 12:02:24
I've used the thesaurus for my last two, put in the word like for my gold dust it was gold and I scanned through all the poss words steming from that and I ended up with Trinket. Same with my feisty pewter, started with devil, then hobgoblin then I ended up with Bugaboo meaning fear.
Casta Posted - 14/11/2011 : 09:48:27
my wee snow was a tail rattler when i got her so Casta for castanet. it also means pure in spanish so it fits. my friend wanted to call her Jolene... granted we were singing it on the way to get her but don't thing it would have suited her :-p my next is an anery laveneder (moonstone) that ones gonna get called Cancer be it male or female
ozziesmum Posted - 14/11/2011 : 09:30:44
I adopted my 2 and they came with the names Speedy (now Rhubarb) and Snowflake (now Custard) purely down to their colours.
Simmy_82 Posted - 14/11/2011 : 08:59:39
Well ours doesnt have a name as yet. Still waiting to get it sexed. However here's the story behind the two names we have chosen.

My wife and i wrote down a list of both male and female names for our snake. We then put these names into a hat and drew one out. First name to come out was female and was Lilith. We then took all the female names from the hat leaving on males. Then we drew another this one was Neo. So it will be called Lilith or Neo once we know the sex.

Lilith - Is a demon featured in Supernatural. The wife and i love this series. Also a deciding factor was the fact the the Wikipedia image for the biblical demon Lilith is fitting.

Neo - You know the one from the matrix. There were a lot of sci-fi related names in the hat...
tordyjo Posted - 13/11/2011 : 23:04:45
i'm halfway through gods of the arena got a couple of episodes left, need to get it finished for january
garrie Posted - 13/11/2011 : 22:58:44
Something tells me you may not have seen Gods of the Arena yet ...great minds though...

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000