The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 a question of sale.....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mohikan22 Posted - 21/10/2011 : 15:19:32
IM NOT SELLING MINE AS YET......BUT if i wanted to, how much would i expect to get for a female 3yr carolina and a 3yr male snow?
again im not selling but IF the occasion does rear its ugly head and there is no other choice. OR even to get them insured (which i REALLY should do) what would i be looking at?
Matt.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Aegis Posted - 24/10/2011 : 19:52:03
I bought my 3 and a half year old Snow corn AND viv + Full set up for £60. So i would say £30 for an adult is pretty decent.
kdlang Posted - 23/10/2011 : 21:22:05
I have a female that has laid infertile eggs for the last 2 years. I'm hoping she doesn't do it again next year as it was a bit of an ordeal this year but at least if she does, i will be more prepared this time
plainboy Posted - 23/10/2011 : 21:05:09
thank you guys so much for your help
gingerpony Posted - 23/10/2011 : 19:37:10
quote:
Originally posted by plainboy

crap so they can still eggbound then ? cause that what i worried about ?

unfortunately yes, eggs can still be produced by a lone female though as lotabob said they will be infertile as no male has fertilized them
lotabob Posted - 23/10/2011 : 18:21:54
They can produce (unfertilised) eggs without mating but its rare, by that its even more rare for them to become eggbound without mating.
plainboy Posted - 23/10/2011 : 18:10:20
crap so they can still eggbound then ? cause that what i worried about ?
Sta~ple Posted - 23/10/2011 : 17:31:37
Can produce eggs without a male but these will be slugs, unless she has mated the year previously then they can be fertile.
plainboy Posted - 23/10/2011 : 17:17:25
hey can i ask everybody here a question does a female corn snake need a male to lay eggs or can they produce eggs without a male ???
mohikan22 Posted - 22/10/2011 : 06:51:28
ok thanks guys n gals.appreciated. I will however insure them all. We had a 4ft iggy who wasnt insured... she became eggbound and very ill and cost us nigh on £400 to get sorted. with 5 snakes i wont be makeing the same mistake about insureing them.
eeji Posted - 21/10/2011 : 21:35:55
you're probably looking at 30-40 each, and will probably have more chance of a sale close to the beginning of breeding season as everyone seems to want "a female, morph unimportant, must be 3 years or older"
gingerpony Posted - 21/10/2011 : 21:09:30
private sale prices for hatchies i'd expect to pay £10 and £15-20 for youngsters.........

as for insurance, being a Petplan Insurance Advisor of course i should recommend any pet is insured.......in reality and IMO, paying premiums for years appears to far outweigh the cost of typical veterinary treatment eg. for a respiratory infection. though a member on here did unfortunately have an eggbound female (never been bred or housed with any other snake) who cost him a lot of money in veterinary treatment............the choice is yours!
although i don't think there's a lot of choice with companies providing reptile insurance - Exotics Direct is the only one i know!
gingerpony Posted - 21/10/2011 : 21:00:47
prices seem to be on the way down at the moment, i've seen comparable snakes for sale in shops for £50 (carolina) and £ £65 (snow) and obviously with a private sale you'd expect to pay less than from a shop
Sta~ple Posted - 21/10/2011 : 20:58:11
quote:
Originally posted by mohikan22

thats VERY low. did you read it. they are both 3yr old. and around the 4ft mark...
not 3mth old...

Normals and snows are common, unless you know the hets and tehy are super special then they are going to be low. People seem to be struggling to sell adults at that price anyway of those morphs. You may get £40 for the snow if your lucky. People with a name and reputation in the reptile world can also sell for more.
mohikan22 Posted - 21/10/2011 : 20:25:22
thats VERY low. did you read it. they are both 3yr old. and around the 4ft mark...
not 3mth old...
Sta~ple Posted - 21/10/2011 : 16:25:38
No point getting them insured as for selling, depends on hets really but maybe about £20 for the carolina, I've seen adults snows sell at around £30 if you manage to sell them each although it may take forever to sell.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000