General Posts
 a question of sale.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mohikan22
Snake Mite

33 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  15:19:32  Show Profile  Visit mohikan22's Homepage  Reply with Quote
IM NOT SELLING MINE AS YET......BUT if i wanted to, how much would i expect to get for a female 3yr carolina and a 3yr male snow?
again im not selling but IF the occasion does rear its ugly head and there is no other choice. OR even to get them insured (which i REALLY should do) what would i be looking at?
Matt.

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  16:25:38  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
No point getting them insured as for selling, depends on hets really but maybe about £20 for the carolina, I've seen adults snows sell at around £30 if you manage to sell them each although it may take forever to sell.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

mohikan22
Snake Mite

33 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  20:25:22  Show Profile  Visit mohikan22's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thats VERY low. did you read it. they are both 3yr old. and around the 4ft mark...
not 3mth old...

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  20:58:11  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mohikan22

thats VERY low. did you read it. they are both 3yr old. and around the 4ft mark...
not 3mth old...

Normals and snows are common, unless you know the hets and tehy are super special then they are going to be low. People seem to be struggling to sell adults at that price anyway of those morphs. You may get £40 for the snow if your lucky. People with a name and reputation in the reptile world can also sell for more.

Edited by - Sta~ple on 21/10/2011 20:59:29
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  21:00:47  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
prices seem to be on the way down at the moment, i've seen comparable snakes for sale in shops for £50 (carolina) and £ £65 (snow) and obviously with a private sale you'd expect to pay less than from a shop

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  21:09:30  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
private sale prices for hatchies i'd expect to pay £10 and £15-20 for youngsters.........

as for insurance, being a Petplan Insurance Advisor of course i should recommend any pet is insured.......in reality and IMO, paying premiums for years appears to far outweigh the cost of typical veterinary treatment eg. for a respiratory infection. though a member on here did unfortunately have an eggbound female (never been bred or housed with any other snake) who cost him a lot of money in veterinary treatment............the choice is yours!
although i don't think there's a lot of choice with companies providing reptile insurance - Exotics Direct is the only one i know!

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  21:35:55  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you're probably looking at 30-40 each, and will probably have more chance of a sale close to the beginning of breeding season as everyone seems to want "a female, morph unimportant, must be 3 years or older"

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

mohikan22
Snake Mite

33 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2011 :  06:51:28  Show Profile  Visit mohikan22's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok thanks guys n gals.appreciated. I will however insure them all. We had a 4ft iggy who wasnt insured... she became eggbound and very ill and cost us nigh on £400 to get sorted. with 5 snakes i wont be makeing the same mistake about insureing them.

Go to Top of Page

plainboy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2011 :  17:17:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey can i ask everybody here a question does a female corn snake need a male to lay eggs or can they produce eggs without a male ???
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2011 :  17:31:37  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Can produce eggs without a male but these will be slugs, unless she has mated the year previously then they can be fertile.

Go to Top of Page

plainboy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2011 :  18:10:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
crap so they can still eggbound then ? cause that what i worried about ?
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2011 :  18:21:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They can produce (unfertilised) eggs without mating but its rare, by that its even more rare for them to become eggbound without mating.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Edited by - lotabob on 23/10/2011 18:24:29
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2011 :  19:37:10  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by plainboy

crap so they can still eggbound then ? cause that what i worried about ?

unfortunately yes, eggs can still be produced by a lone female though as lotabob said they will be infertile as no male has fertilized them

Go to Top of Page

plainboy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2011 :  21:05:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you guys so much for your help
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2011 :  21:22:05  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have a female that has laid infertile eggs for the last 2 years. I'm hoping she doesn't do it again next year as it was a bit of an ordeal this year but at least if she does, i will be more prepared this time

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Aegis
Hatchling

United Kingdom
282 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2011 :  19:52:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought my 3 and a half year old Snow corn AND viv + Full set up for £60. So i would say £30 for an adult is pretty decent.

4.0.0 Kids (Hugh, Seamus, Athrun + JD)
1.0.0 Gingy cat (Fintan Stack)
0.1.0 Snow Corn (Karuza)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000