The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Jumping corn snake?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sinead9099 Posted - 13/10/2011 : 09:12:56
Hi all, I got a 2 month old amel corn last week. She seems quite happy to be handled and is settling in nicely.

I've noticed however that she likes to suddenly 'jump' off places requiring some quick moves on my part to catch her! The last corn snake I had never seemed to do this and google seemed to confirm that corns don't jump.

She will suddenly slither very fast and launch herself off an edge, like taking a running jump!

Anyone else seen this behaviour?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
connorg96 Posted - 29/10/2011 : 21:40:17
when i first bred my corn snakes my first ever hatchling was tiny but i underestimated how skittish they were and he flew straight out of my hand and fell about three feet!!!!! but the baby snake was perfectly fine however but after i calmed them down they were all little angels
shaunb Posted - 16/10/2011 : 02:10:34
that's what my little blood stripe is like a possessed shoelace lmao i love that saying
Mort13 Posted - 14/10/2011 : 09:49:15
My daughters Fire hatchie was the same till he calmed down. Was all I could do to keep hold of the little sod,it was like holding a possessed shoelace lol!
yola Posted - 14/10/2011 : 01:01:21
None of my bigger snakes do this but the amount of baby snakes iv had out of the 50babies this year only a few have sort of jumped, its because they feel threatend, all my babies are kept in the small cricket pots and iv found it makes them alot calmer, if they go into a big space or home/viv to quickly while there tiney it can make them snappy, feel threatend and a bit wirey.

Boogles like the pic of your RO, iv got quite a few myself including some babies iv kept on this year lol
sinead9099 Posted - 14/10/2011 : 00:10:28
Thanks, guys. I'll just make sure I pay close attention when I have her out. She will say curled up in my hands for up to 10 minutes sometimes. Other times she is more energetic!
ScalySituation Posted - 13/10/2011 : 18:12:00
sonnys a nutter also :)
gingerpony Posted - 13/10/2011 : 13:48:21
just make sure you're handling her where she can't fall any real distance.......sitting down with a towel over your lap should help prevent falls and escapes
paulie78 Posted - 13/10/2011 : 12:41:48
Eve used to do that lol she doesnt anymore shes loves being handled but she stll gets very zippy with the initial touch when your taking her out of her rub lol soon as shes out though she just loves exploring and crawling around your fingers etc
boogles Posted - 13/10/2011 : 10:01:21
when i first got my amel she used to LEAP out of her faun and make a break for it. used to scare the **** out of me....
Simmy_82 Posted - 13/10/2011 : 09:50:44
I agree. My 4 month old likes to make mad dashes for the edge of the bed with no sign of stopping. I just keep an eye on it and stop it especially with our cat!
Sta~ple Posted - 13/10/2011 : 09:15:21
Yep... that's what hatchlings do jump and move very fast.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000