The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Sheds - Do You Keep Your Snake's?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kez Posted - 11/10/2011 : 09:17:55
Morning all

Yay, Maizie had her first shed with us last night and it came off in one piece. All looks good, so just waiting to see the little lady in her new clothes now going to triple check her tail tip tonight, but looking at the shed, it looks a mirror image of her so I believe she managed to clear it. The eye caps are intact in the shed.

I was wondering if you kept your snake's sheds and if so, how you store them. I was thinking of a photo album, but then thought that they'd get squished so came up with the idea of a ring binder with plastic wallets in. How do you all keep yours and does it work well for you? I'm still not sure how best to do it, so I'd be really grateful for your input.

Thanks everyone, much appreciated
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 14/10/2011 : 09:52:00
I've got some stuck in the back of record books from when they were tiny,the larger ones are filed in plastic sleeves in ringbinders. A ringbinder for each species.
Now I have a few snakes though I don't keep every single one.
yola Posted - 14/10/2011 : 00:46:50
I kept my first ever corns sheds a few years back but then stoped as my number of corns went up to 23 lol, I do keep some of the good ones for my kids schools, baby sheds and upwards so they can see how small snakes are when they come outta the eggs and how big they can get, iv also given them the attached egg shells from clutches iv had too, the classes love it as you can see the eye bits and everything, they think its amazing lol, my kids like taking them in as they feel sort of special because we dont know anyone round here have the amount of snakes we do (or the weird exotic animals we also have)
Kez Posted - 12/10/2011 : 16:40:46
I'm pleased it's not just me keeping them then I think I may stick with the plastic wallets and ring binder.

Out of interest, would the heat of laminating the skins not damage them, or is it done by cold lamination; does anyone know?

Thanks guys; I don't feel like such a freak now lol
Rake Posted - 12/10/2011 : 13:35:13
i thought i was the only one who kept each and everyone of my snakes shed in a take away tub from the curry house lol its like keeping a babys first curl and such just has to be done
lotabob Posted - 11/10/2011 : 19:40:57
I've kept their first but the rest just get chucked. something to compare to or sentimental I'm not sure which.
tordyjo Posted - 11/10/2011 : 19:31:55
mine so far are in envelopes with the snakes name and date of shed, never thought of ring binder and polly pockets..............off out to invest in some
scottishbluebird Posted - 11/10/2011 : 18:28:26
First is in a drawer, others in a kitchen roll tube for someone
Sta~ple Posted - 11/10/2011 : 17:23:29
I first read this as shed - do you keep your snakes in there XD

Broken and pooped on ones I chuck, I keep the full ones until they either get broken and suck up the vacuum clean or in a take away box.
manda88 Posted - 11/10/2011 : 15:47:21
When I first started out I'd keep them all, but recently I've just been throwing them away, however I can't bring myself to throw away the ones I've kept from when I first got them! It's cool to compare their latest shed to their very first shed!
kdlang Posted - 11/10/2011 : 10:49:05
I'v kept all mine bar a couple that I have given away and the ones in pieces which I give to school for them to put on lab slides or the primary school for their learner support unit.
The ones I keep I have stuck into individual scrap books with the date written on the page.
paulie78 Posted - 11/10/2011 : 10:31:35
ive kept all the intact sheds plan to laiminate the first sheds with a piccy of the snake they came from and keep a record of theyre gorwth in a ring binder lol
ptmbradley Posted - 11/10/2011 : 10:28:04
I do the ring binder thing. A binder for my corns and another for my boas. Separated in snake order and then date order. Works well for me. Sadly though am missing some sheds coz didn't start off by doing this. But should be complete from now on though.
Kehhlyr Posted - 11/10/2011 : 10:15:04
My complete ones get hung up until they dry, then get slung into a drawer where they'll stay until I give them to someone.
The others just get slung.
a33272 Posted - 11/10/2011 : 10:07:18
we got a young lady called sika on here who laminates hers
Simmy_82 Posted - 11/10/2011 : 09:52:50
I've kept my first and only one so far. Its currently in a small takeaway box on top of the microwave. This is until like you i decide what to do with it next lol

Ring binder and plastic wallets sounds like a good idea

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000