Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  09:17:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning all

Yay, Maizie had her first shed with us last night and it came off in one piece. All looks good, so just waiting to see the little lady in her new clothes now going to triple check her tail tip tonight, but looking at the shed, it looks a mirror image of her so I believe she managed to clear it. The eye caps are intact in the shed.

I was wondering if you kept your snake's sheds and if so, how you store them. I was thinking of a photo album, but then thought that they'd get squished so came up with the idea of a ring binder with plastic wallets in. How do you all keep yours and does it work well for you? I'm still not sure how best to do it, so I'd be really grateful for your input.

Thanks everyone, much appreciated

0.1.0 - CB10 Creamsicle - Maisie
0.1.0 - CB10 Ultramel Motley - Smudge
1.0.0 - Leopard Gecko - Ziggy
1.0.0 - Crested Gecko - Koji
0.0.1 - Chahoua - Chewie
0.1.0 - Rescue Greyhound - Becki

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  09:52:50  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've kept my first and only one so far. Its currently in a small takeaway box on top of the microwave. This is until like you i decide what to do with it next lol

Ring binder and plastic wallets sounds like a good idea

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  10:07:18  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
we got a young lady called sika on here who laminates hers

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  10:15:04  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My complete ones get hung up until they dry, then get slung into a drawer where they'll stay until I give them to someone.
The others just get slung.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  10:28:04  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I do the ring binder thing. A binder for my corns and another for my boas. Separated in snake order and then date order. Works well for me. Sadly though am missing some sheds coz didn't start off by doing this. But should be complete from now on though.

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  10:31:35  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ive kept all the intact sheds plan to laiminate the first sheds with a piccy of the snake they came from and keep a record of theyre gorwth in a ring binder lol

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  10:49:05  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'v kept all mine bar a couple that I have given away and the ones in pieces which I give to school for them to put on lab slides or the primary school for their learner support unit.
The ones I keep I have stuck into individual scrap books with the date written on the page.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

manda88
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1002 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  15:47:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I first started out I'd keep them all, but recently I've just been throwing them away, however I can't bring myself to throw away the ones I've kept from when I first got them! It's cool to compare their latest shed to their very first shed!

Wanna know what animals I keep? Check out www.facebook.com/mnmreptiles :)

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  17:23:29  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I first read this as shed - do you keep your snakes in there XD

Broken and pooped on ones I chuck, I keep the full ones until they either get broken and suck up the vacuum clean or in a take away box.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  18:28:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First is in a drawer, others in a kitchen roll tube for someone

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  19:31:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mine so far are in envelopes with the snakes name and date of shed, never thought of ring binder and polly pockets..............off out to invest in some

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  19:40:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've kept their first but the rest just get chucked. something to compare to or sentimental I'm not sure which.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Rake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
200 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2011 :  13:35:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i thought i was the only one who kept each and everyone of my snakes shed in a take away tub from the curry house lol its like keeping a babys first curl and such just has to be done

Go to Top of Page

Kez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2011 :  16:40:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm pleased it's not just me keeping them then I think I may stick with the plastic wallets and ring binder.

Out of interest, would the heat of laminating the skins not damage them, or is it done by cold lamination; does anyone know?

Thanks guys; I don't feel like such a freak now lol

0.1.0 - CB10 Creamsicle - Maisie
0.1.0 - CB10 Ultramel Motley - Smudge
1.0.0 - Leopard Gecko - Ziggy
1.0.0 - Crested Gecko - Koji
0.0.1 - Chahoua - Chewie
0.1.0 - Rescue Greyhound - Becki
Go to Top of Page

yola
Hatchling

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2011 :  00:46:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I kept my first ever corns sheds a few years back but then stoped as my number of corns went up to 23 lol, I do keep some of the good ones for my kids schools, baby sheds and upwards so they can see how small snakes are when they come outta the eggs and how big they can get, iv also given them the attached egg shells from clutches iv had too, the classes love it as you can see the eye bits and everything, they think its amazing lol, my kids like taking them in as they feel sort of special because we dont know anyone round here have the amount of snakes we do (or the weird exotic animals we also have)

With 27 beautiful corns I definitely have snakeitus :-)
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2011 :  09:52:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got some stuck in the back of record books from when they were tiny,the larger ones are filed in plastic sleeves in ringbinders. A ringbinder for each species.
Now I have a few snakes though I don't keep every single one.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000