The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Corn or Ball python.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tk72 Posted - 16/09/2011 : 21:35:00
Hi I have been thinkink of getting a corn snake for a while, my wife is a bit unsure but both kids want one. I was going to think about a corn snake and have done a load of research on them. Spoke to a neighbour today and she has a two year old ball python that her son no longer wants, and she said I could have it free of charge with a complete set up. Not really read up on the ball pythons yet and was wondering if any one thinks a ball would be just as good as a corn. I know this is the corn forum, but ant advice would help. Also if I took it in and then maybe swap it for a corn does anyone know if reptile swapping is something they have done or have heard of through the pet shops.

Think I have posted this twice in different sections by mistake so forgive me if you read it twice. Soory.

Thanks Terry.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LarkaDawg Posted - 17/09/2011 : 21:19:06
I would get your neighbours snake, free snake! You can always sell, trade or give it away if it doesnt work out. But definately get a corn, theure awesome :D i personally dont like ball pythons (nothing against their personality) ;)
johno Posted - 17/09/2011 : 21:12:55
they'll be bias over there :P if its free and not wanted then get that, most ppl here will be certain you'll get another snake within a few month :) there addictive :)
tk72 Posted - 17/09/2011 : 19:24:25
Thanks all. Will have a look on the python forum and see what they say. Ta again for all your help.
Terry.
chrisc Posted - 17/09/2011 : 11:41:17
i have to agree with stuart. love my corn but also have a soft spot for royals after getting my little one last month
stuart619 Posted - 17/09/2011 : 07:56:36
I love both but got a real soft spot for my Royals (sorry everyone) They are so placid and have a bit more weight to them. I still love corns though and either is a fantastic choice.
ptmbradley Posted - 17/09/2011 : 03:57:06
I say corn too. But then I'm just not a python kind of guy. I prefers me boas.

But if you do go for the royal ask how well it feeds. Apparently they are notoriously finicky eaters and if the thought of a snake not eating for ages worries you, I'd steer clear. Well, personally I'd steer clear anyway coz I'm not a python kind of guy. I prefers me boas. Did I already say that?
crazy JJ Posted - 17/09/2011 : 01:24:01
defo agree with eeji :D
eeji Posted - 16/09/2011 : 22:34:38
thats a no brainer, cornsnake any day! :D
fluffycorn Posted - 16/09/2011 : 21:46:40
My dad has 2 royals and they are beautiful, also very friendly. He does have a problem with one feeding at the moment but that varies from snake to snake, then again he has a corn that can be a bit of a picky eater too
lotabob Posted - 16/09/2011 : 21:37:06
Equally as good but for free its a result, you can get your cornsnake later.

Come have a chat to us over on www.theroyalpython.co.uk

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000