New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tk72
Hatchling

United Kingdom
494 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2011 :  21:35:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I have been thinkink of getting a corn snake for a while, my wife is a bit unsure but both kids want one. I was going to think about a corn snake and have done a load of research on them. Spoke to a neighbour today and she has a two year old ball python that her son no longer wants, and she said I could have it free of charge with a complete set up. Not really read up on the ball pythons yet and was wondering if any one thinks a ball would be just as good as a corn. I know this is the corn forum, but ant advice would help. Also if I took it in and then maybe swap it for a corn does anyone know if reptile swapping is something they have done or have heard of through the pet shops.

Think I have posted this twice in different sections by mistake so forgive me if you read it twice. Soory.

Thanks Terry.

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2011 :  21:37:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Equally as good but for free its a result, you can get your cornsnake later.

Come have a chat to us over on www.theroyalpython.co.uk

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

fluffycorn
Yearling

United Kingdom
514 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2011 :  21:46:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My dad has 2 royals and they are beautiful, also very friendly. He does have a problem with one feeding at the moment but that varies from snake to snake, then again he has a corn that can be a bit of a picky eater too

1.0.0 Amelanistic Corn Snake
0.1.0 Jack Russell Terrier
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2011 :  22:34:38  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thats a no brainer, cornsnake any day! :D

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  01:24:01  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
defo agree with eeji :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  03:57:06  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I say corn too. But then I'm just not a python kind of guy. I prefers me boas.

But if you do go for the royal ask how well it feeds. Apparently they are notoriously finicky eaters and if the thought of a snake not eating for ages worries you, I'd steer clear. Well, personally I'd steer clear anyway coz I'm not a python kind of guy. I prefers me boas. Did I already say that?

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

stuart619
Hatchling

United Kingdom
230 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  07:56:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love both but got a real soft spot for my Royals (sorry everyone) They are so placid and have a bit more weight to them. I still love corns though and either is a fantastic choice.

Go to Top of Page

chrisc
Hatchling

United Kingdom
357 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  11:41:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have to agree with stuart. love my corn but also have a soft spot for royals after getting my little one last month

1.0.0 baird's rat snake, jeff 1.0.0 royal, derek 1.0.0 royal, frank 0.1.0 dog jenny 1.0.0 bull snake, ivan 0.1.0 bull snake, mavis 0.1.0 chilean rose, Bernadette 1.0.0 hognose, chuck 1.0.0 BCI, william

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
facebook(mention the forum) http://www.facebook.com/?sk=nf#!/profile.php?id=623879643

to live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else
Go to Top of Page

tk72
Hatchling

United Kingdom
494 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  19:24:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks all. Will have a look on the python forum and see what they say. Ta again for all your help.
Terry.
Go to Top of Page

johno
Egg

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  21:12:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they'll be bias over there :P if its free and not wanted then get that, most ppl here will be certain you'll get another snake within a few month :) there addictive :)
Go to Top of Page

LarkaDawg
Hatchling

442 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  21:19:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would get your neighbours snake, free snake! You can always sell, trade or give it away if it doesnt work out. But definately get a corn, theure awesome :D i personally dont like ball pythons (nothing against their personality) ;)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000