The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Reptile Room aka my bedroom (pic heavy)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Callazagy Posted - 16/09/2011 : 19:41:47
Hi,

So ive been making changes to my room and built two viv stacks to satisfy my obsession.

Rather than buying a load of animals and then worrying about homing them when they get older, ive built there future vivs now, now all I have to find is some inhabitants, shouldn't be too difficult .

I spent a year planing it, literally straight after getting my first reptile. And for the last month I have created my vision, ohh and what a coincidence, its completed just in time for the Doncaster show .

Its was in a good enough state to take some pictures tonight so I can show off now.

So this side of my room has the two viv stacks, the bottom one has a 4ft, and two 2ft vivs. And the top stack has three 3ft vivs. And a shelving unit for RUB's.

This side of my room has a 2ft arboreal viv. Arthas's tank and a shelving unit for more RUB's, and crickets at the top.

The following are my 3footers -

The 2footers -

The 4footer -

The 2x2ft arboreal (this was my practice viv, made with the left over pieces of chipboard, it went quite well, but as you can see I messed up with the door, but i glued it back together, it will do untill I bother to order another piece.

I will be creating a guide on how I built my vivs later.

They arn't quite complete yet so if you notice any problems I guarantee they will be sorted by tommorow. The doors are acrylic but its 6mm thick and there is no give in them at all and the gap between the doors is very small. I chose the acrylic because its a lot safer than normal glass and a lot cheaper than toughned glass and some of the doors would have been to small to be toughned. I got the acrylic cut to size off an online shop, there was only two measurments I got wrong, thats why I ended up breaking the arboreal viv door lol.

I know if im getting hatchlings the vivs won't be suitable yet, but as you can see ive splashed out on many RUB's of varying sizes. Unfortunately Arthas is still not big enough to go up to one of the 3ft vivs.

Thanks for looking, questions and constructive critism welcome.

Chris
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
shaunb Posted - 17/09/2011 : 17:29:22
that looks awesome m8 can't wait to see the new inhabitants when u get them
Sta~ple Posted - 17/09/2011 : 16:15:47
quote:
Originally posted by Callazagy

quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Are the smaller vivs stacked ontop of the bigger vivs in the first picture?

Yes the 3ft vivs are a seperate unit to the 4ft with the 2ft vivs, so they wern't to heavey. It seems fairly safe, but I might look at securing them later today.

Becareful then, I've heard of bigger vivs bowing with smaller vivs ontop of them.
Aegis Posted - 17/09/2011 : 16:06:08
Thats an excellent set up! Well done you :o) clearly have a great imagination to put it all together! :o) Im just a teeeeny bit jealous :op x
MiffyKnits Posted - 17/09/2011 : 13:25:05
That is a brilliant set up. I've been considering how to get a couple of viv stacks in our downstairs. Mr Miffy has suddenly decided that he wants a snake of his own now so I've got to figure out where to put a 4ft viv for him. You've given me lots of ideas.

Hope you have lots of fun filling them up.
Callazagy Posted - 17/09/2011 : 10:50:09
quote:
Originally posted by Auld Baldy

Wow! Now that's what I call an obsession. So what have you got lined up for the other two walls?

Well one has a window in it and the other has my bed across it, I suppose I shoudn't let that stop me lol .

quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Are the smaller vivs stacked ontop of the bigger vivs in the first picture?

Yes the 3ft vivs are a seperate unit to the 4ft with the 2ft vivs, so they wern't to heavey. It seems fairly safe, but I might look at securing them later today.

And even though im 6ft1in Im still going to have to get a step for that top viv lol, im definately putting a snake in there that I trust, or else it will be like going in blindfolded.

quote:
Originally posted by Katie.Dublin

Briliant!! Now fill em up! :)

I will, I will... I know its illegal in the herpetology world to have an empty viv
Okeetee Mick Posted - 17/09/2011 : 09:42:01
Well done mate, build info expected soon!!
Katie.Dublin Posted - 17/09/2011 : 09:30:44
Briliant!! Now fill em up! :)
Sta~ple Posted - 17/09/2011 : 08:25:42
Looks good. Are the smaller vivs stacked ontop of the bigger vivs in the first picture?
Auld Baldy Posted - 17/09/2011 : 04:01:44
Wow! Now that's what I call an obsession. So what have you got lined up for the other two walls?
Callazagy Posted - 16/09/2011 : 22:15:49
quote:
Originally posted by Red123

Can I ask what the height of the 2ft vivs are please?

They are about 1ft.
Mamma Posted - 16/09/2011 : 22:10:38
fab
oakleyman18 Posted - 16/09/2011 : 22:07:24
Looking great! My experience with acrylic however is that its hardness as a material property isnt great in comparison to glass, infact its pretty terrible, on the order of a about 100-1000 times worse. However, depends on the environment and the care taken with them
Red123 Posted - 16/09/2011 : 21:55:28
Can I ask what the height of the 2ft vivs are please?
Callazagy Posted - 16/09/2011 : 21:27:30
quote:
Originally posted by tarotpodge

wow. You have been busy. all looks fab. You have done such a great job.
Dumb question coming up.....cant see any ventilation so is it hidden. And where are you going to run the wires through? the vents...(not critasism, Information for future use

Ive only just put the backgrounds in so I havn't got round to cutting where the vents are, and I still have holes to drill in the back panel for wiring.
DTW Posted - 16/09/2011 : 21:15:43
Really good job mate looks great :)
Karakal Posted - 16/09/2011 : 21:14:47
Yowza! Those are some seriously sexy vivs!
ptmbradley Posted - 16/09/2011 : 21:09:01
Utterly brilliant. Well done.
tarotpodge Posted - 16/09/2011 : 21:07:23
wow. You have been busy. all looks fab. You have done such a great job.
Dumb question coming up.....cant see any ventilation so is it hidden. And where are you going to run the wires through? the vents...(not critasism, Information for future use
Callazagy Posted - 16/09/2011 : 20:46:45
quote:
Originally posted by Figs

Just how many do you plan on coming home with from Donny?? lol!

Well hoping this set up will last me a few years, foward thinking, im not looking to fill them all this weekend lol, but you never know, i soo loads of stuff I wanted from the June show, but I wasn't ready then.

Besides I was bored and needed a new project, and the new additions will certainly keep me busy. Ill be on the look out for a breeding project or two at the show for next year.

The trouble is im going to be completely skint after this weekend, I have money set aside for donny and ive paid off the massive credit card bill after this project. But ive decided to go back to college to study animal management this time so no more wage for the next two years.

And thanks for the other comments guys, I aim to inspire lol and good look with your projects, im suprised mine went so smoothly.
kdlang Posted - 16/09/2011 : 20:35:21
Looking great. I can see somebody is going to be very busy after Donny lol

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000