The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 I have a plan

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MiffyKnits Posted - 07/09/2011 : 11:52:33
We just got our first corn snake about two weeks ago and of course my son and I are totally in love and hooked on corns.

We're already been planing our next addition. Now we just have to wait for Storm to outgrow his current home so we can use that for the new arrival. Then I'll have plenty of time to find a second 3ft viv while he grows.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MiffyKnits Posted - 08/09/2011 : 09:38:57
Well I think I shall go check out heat mats.

Although todays mission will be getting our eldest a fish tank for her room and getting Mr Miffy a couple of tanks for him to take to school for stick insects.
ptmbradley Posted - 08/09/2011 : 02:32:05
quote:
Originally posted by shaunb

They get very addictive and u might not be able to stop, u will have a house full before u know it.

Ain't that the truth!! I got my first snake in April this year. That's 5 months ago. Next week I'm collecting 4 more which will take me up to a dirty dozen!! And I'm already looking at what else I can get to pair with my gorgeous new boa girl for baby making duties...

A 17x11 heat mat is an ideal size for splitting down the middle of a partitioned 3ft viv, and then will be big enough pushed to one end for a single snake.
MiffyKnits Posted - 07/09/2011 : 22:05:16
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

If you get the right sized heatmat for that size of viv you'll be able to just move it over to one side once the snakes are big enough to go in their own seperate vivs then.
Thats what I did,only problem is I keep buying more snakes so its going to be partitioned a lot longer than planned!

Well Mr Miffy is under the impression that the snake side of the family will be increasing sooner rather than later so I may indulging sooner than I thought.
MiffyKnits Posted - 07/09/2011 : 22:02:39
quote:
Originally posted by Auld Baldy

One snake is never enough.

Have you considered the amount of space used by a kid? Just think of all that wall space you would have for 3 foot viv stacks if you converted that bedroom into a dedicated pet room.

(Only kidding. )

I have a feeling that I could have viv stacks all the way around the boys bedroom and have their bunks in the centre and Middle would be perfectly happy.

Mort13 Posted - 07/09/2011 : 20:29:51
If you get the right sized heatmat for that size of viv you'll be able to just move it over to one side once the snakes are big enough to go in their own seperate vivs then.
Thats what I did,only problem is I keep buying more snakes so its going to be partitioned a lot longer than planned!
Auld Baldy Posted - 07/09/2011 : 20:18:04
One snake is never enough.

Have you considered the amount of space used by a kid? Just think of all that wall space you would have for 3 foot viv stacks if you converted that bedroom into a dedicated pet room.

(Only kidding. )
dtookey90 Posted - 07/09/2011 : 19:30:14
You can split the heat mat between both sides I have with mine just put the divider ontop in the middle of the mat and it's more than enough for them :-)
That way you don't have to buy another stat yet :-)
MiffyKnits Posted - 07/09/2011 : 19:06:15
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

Or....you could get a 3 foot viv and partition it,that way you get to have 2 snakes now!

Oh I hadn't thought of doing that. We've already got a 3ft viv in the loft so could do that quite soon. Would just need to get a second heat mat and some lighting. I've got a friend who's going to take me to ikea soon so could go light shopping then.
scottishbluebird Posted - 07/09/2011 : 18:52:32
I do wonder what will happen when Kellogs out grows his faun....
dtookey90 Posted - 07/09/2011 : 17:52:45
I like Mort13's idea :-) I can't wait till my birthday to get another :-)
Mort13 Posted - 07/09/2011 : 17:41:41
Or....you could get a 3 foot viv and partition it,that way you get to have 2 snakes now!
Simmy_82 Posted - 07/09/2011 : 12:33:31
Similar plan as me. but i'll be keeping my hatchie stuff til i get a house so i can expand
shaunb Posted - 07/09/2011 : 11:59:42
They get very addictive and u might not be able to stop, u will have a house full before u know it lol, i'm picking up another one at the end of the week really can't wait.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000