I have a plan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MiffyKnits
Snake Mite

45 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2011 :  11:52:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We just got our first corn snake about two weeks ago and of course my son and I are totally in love and hooked on corns.

We're already been planing our next addition. Now we just have to wait for Storm to outgrow his current home so we can use that for the new arrival. Then I'll have plenty of time to find a second 3ft viv while he grows.

shaunb
Yearling

United Kingdom
782 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2011 :  11:59:42  Show Profile  Send shaunb a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
They get very addictive and u might not be able to stop, u will have a house full before u know it lol, i'm picking up another one at the end of the week really can't wait.

[Quote]
A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.
Go to Top of Page

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2011 :  12:33:31  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Similar plan as me. but i'll be keeping my hatchie stuff til i get a house so i can expand

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith

Edited by - Simmy_82 on 07/09/2011 12:33:40
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2011 :  17:41:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Or....you could get a 3 foot viv and partition it,that way you get to have 2 snakes now!

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

dtookey90
Hatchling

United Kingdom
188 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2011 :  17:52:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like Mort13's idea :-) I can't wait till my birthday to get another :-)
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2011 :  18:52:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do wonder what will happen when Kellogs out grows his faun....

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

MiffyKnits
Snake Mite

45 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2011 :  19:06:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

Or....you could get a 3 foot viv and partition it,that way you get to have 2 snakes now!

Oh I hadn't thought of doing that. We've already got a 3ft viv in the loft so could do that quite soon. Would just need to get a second heat mat and some lighting. I've got a friend who's going to take me to ikea soon so could go light shopping then.
Go to Top of Page

dtookey90
Hatchling

United Kingdom
188 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2011 :  19:30:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can split the heat mat between both sides I have with mine just put the divider ontop in the middle of the mat and it's more than enough for them :-)
That way you don't have to buy another stat yet :-)
Go to Top of Page

Auld Baldy
Ikea's Pimp

United Kingdom
1619 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2011 :  20:18:04  Show Profile  Visit Auld Baldy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One snake is never enough.

Have you considered the amount of space used by a kid? Just think of all that wall space you would have for 3 foot viv stacks if you converted that bedroom into a dedicated pet room.

(Only kidding. )

1.0.0: Miami Normal: Taggart
0.0.1: Carolina Normal: Wee Woody
0.0.1: Grey Rat Snake: Mirkey
0.0.1: Amel Corn: Blaze
1.0.0: Carpet Python: Vambo
0.0.1: MBK: Fester
0.0.1: Florida King Snake : Rattler (Rattle & Hum)
0.0.1. California King Snake: El Diablo Diego
0.2.0 Tarantulas : Ermintrude & Euphemia.
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2011 :  20:29:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you get the right sized heatmat for that size of viv you'll be able to just move it over to one side once the snakes are big enough to go in their own seperate vivs then.
Thats what I did,only problem is I keep buying more snakes so its going to be partitioned a lot longer than planned!

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

MiffyKnits
Snake Mite

45 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2011 :  22:02:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Auld Baldy

One snake is never enough.

Have you considered the amount of space used by a kid? Just think of all that wall space you would have for 3 foot viv stacks if you converted that bedroom into a dedicated pet room.

(Only kidding. )

I have a feeling that I could have viv stacks all the way around the boys bedroom and have their bunks in the centre and Middle would be perfectly happy.

Go to Top of Page

MiffyKnits
Snake Mite

45 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2011 :  22:05:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

If you get the right sized heatmat for that size of viv you'll be able to just move it over to one side once the snakes are big enough to go in their own seperate vivs then.
Thats what I did,only problem is I keep buying more snakes so its going to be partitioned a lot longer than planned!

Well Mr Miffy is under the impression that the snake side of the family will be increasing sooner rather than later so I may indulging sooner than I thought.
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2011 :  02:32:05  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shaunb

They get very addictive and u might not be able to stop, u will have a house full before u know it.

Ain't that the truth!! I got my first snake in April this year. That's 5 months ago. Next week I'm collecting 4 more which will take me up to a dirty dozen!! And I'm already looking at what else I can get to pair with my gorgeous new boa girl for baby making duties...

A 17x11 heat mat is an ideal size for splitting down the middle of a partitioned 3ft viv, and then will be big enough pushed to one end for a single snake.

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

MiffyKnits
Snake Mite

45 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2011 :  09:38:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I think I shall go check out heat mats.

Although todays mission will be getting our eldest a fish tank for her room and getting Mr Miffy a couple of tanks for him to take to school for stick insects.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000