The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Eventful day...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Future Mrs Ruxpin64 Posted - 20/08/2011 : 14:50:53
So I heard George doing lots of climbing last night, awwww, bless.

This morning we decided to pop in to town as we needed to get HObbes his dinner and I wanted to look at the corns in the pet shop, just in case any lovely ones had arrived since I last checked... And there was my little Milly (Mildred) just waiting for me like it was fate, so obviously she had to come straight home with us so I'm now the proud owner of a beautiful anery yearling (photos in the photo posts).

So... We get home and I think, I'll borrow one of George's plants and his spare hide that's a bit big for him, and whilst doing this I figure I'll just take a peek at him. He's gone. Completely vanished... I empty the entire viv. No George. He's only blimmin escaped out of the wire hole in the lid that was left open, little bugger! So I called Ash and he came back from work and we tore the bedroom apart, and luckily, found him under the bed! Which is extra lucky as we move house on Monday and I'm sure the new tenant wouldn't be keen on co-habiting!

So anyway, I am a very relieved Mummy, Milly is in George's viv and George is in a large RUB whilst I decide what new accomodation he can have!

xx
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ruxpin64 Posted - 20/08/2011 : 23:34:01
Im hero! hehe, he'd curled up in my shoulder pads under the bed (american football) silly bugger :D very luck tho that we noticed before it was too late!
kdlang Posted - 20/08/2011 : 21:50:57
What a relief you managed to find him. and what a good job you decided to check on him then otherwise he might have properly disappeared
thistle Posted - 20/08/2011 : 21:09:46
I can only imagine how you must have felt when you discovered he was missing, so glad you found him so quickly.
Future Mrs Ruxpin64 Posted - 20/08/2011 : 20:36:50
Me too! Little monkey is still sulking in his downsized, & very secure, accomodation...!
scottishbluebird Posted - 20/08/2011 : 20:16:46
So glad you got the little guy.
Future Mrs Ruxpin64 Posted - 20/08/2011 : 19:00:01
Thanks, I was so upset, all I could think was if we didn't find him he'd be gone forever as I'd never get the chance to look for him again!
garrie Posted - 20/08/2011 : 17:49:37
Wow, well done for finding him so close to moving house :-)
Future Mrs Ruxpin64 Posted - 20/08/2011 : 17:34:21
Oh phew! So glad you caught him in the act, it's such a horrible feeling when they go and do a houdini :( Luckily Milly is much too big for the holes, and I've made sure the slidey cover is clipped over them now, I won't be making that mistake again! George is now safely tucked up in a brand new faunarium, little monkey that he is!
tordyjo Posted - 20/08/2011 : 16:13:39
lucky you in finding him, be careful with milly too in the viv - look at my post 'phew', i caught my harry who's a yearling tryingto escape last night, he had his head completely outside of the viv through the sliding doors, i really didn't think he would fit through the gap, i had plugged it but had left gaps that he found - he must have been practising this for sometime, so now the whole length of glass is plugged with cardboard .

At least george is safe again x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000