The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 absolutely devastated

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jonnyc1988 Posted - 07/08/2011 : 10:23:21
Kaa has just come up to a year old, and I treat him to a nice new viv. I went to my local pet shop and bought a vivexotic 3ft viv, ready assembled in the shop (i cant be ****d with flat pack lol). I Got all the extras to make it look like a little jungle inside and I was so happy with my setup, and seemingly so was Kaa. He loved lying on his new log. Anyway, within a couple of weeks he has managed to escape his new viv. I saw him on his log on Friday, then i went to take him out on saturday for a feed and he wasnt in there. I pulled everything out and hes gone!! there is a lock on the front of the viv and the doors were shut, so there is no way he got out there. The only other option is 2 small holes at the top of the viv for wiring lights into it. I was actually going to buy some viewing LEDs for it, so just left them. I just assumed the viv would be snake-proof!! but obviously not. I have stripped everything out of my room, left flour on the floor, and I keep leaving rat pups (his current feed) on the floor next to his cave, heat mat and water bowl. But i have had no luck. I am absolutely devastated, I hope he turns up soon!! Sorry about the long depressing post, but if there is anything positive that can come from this then it is a warning to all vivexotic owners. Dont be a dummy like me, please fill in the holes at the top of the viv if your not going to use them.
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Newbie Posted - 08/08/2011 : 16:59:45
Hope you find him, good luck!
Simmy_82 Posted - 08/08/2011 : 11:31:49
Hope you find him soon!! Its my biggest worry at the minute. Always afraid of an escapee. You would have thought viv's came escape proof...
Mort13 Posted - 08/08/2011 : 11:23:39
Oh no,hope you find the little trouble maker soon.
I've never thought about turning the back upside down....DOH!!
I used the holes for my cables and to hang some of the plants with though so have them blocked in that way,all my vivs have binders on the doors too.
Sta~ple Posted - 08/08/2011 : 09:10:21
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

When I've built those vivs in the past I've put the back on last and turned it upside down. The holes are perfect for stat/mat cables so removes the need to drill more.
When sealing I just squidge a bit more sealant into the holes.

That's what I did with mine :p I will still be covering up some of the cable holes and putting book binders on the viv door with my year and a half snakies though!

Hope you find him soon!
HannahB Posted - 07/08/2011 : 20:09:07
hope he decides to get hungry soon
thistle Posted - 07/08/2011 : 16:17:58
Hope he turns up soon.
scottishbluebird Posted - 07/08/2011 : 16:05:23
I really do hope he turns up soon, this is my biggest fear, as i have said before as a joke, we should stick little cat bells on their tails, someone should invent something like gps for snakes
jonnyc1988 Posted - 07/08/2011 : 14:22:28
Thanks everyone, trying not to think of the worst, and just praying he turns up soon!! Will keep you all posted
Corrah Posted - 07/08/2011 : 14:13:19
Keeping my fingers crossed that he turns up soon.
tordyjo Posted - 07/08/2011 : 11:38:12
hopefully he'll show soon for you :(
nusnakemum Posted - 07/08/2011 : 11:20:38
oh fingers crossed for you he turns up very soon !
jonnyc1988 Posted - 07/08/2011 : 11:16:27
Cheers, i will be sealing the holes when kaa decides to show up. I have read the sticky by Kellog and tried absolutely everything on it. I wish it was winter, coz our house is freezing with the heating off. would be so easy to lure him towards one heat source. But currently the temperature isnt too bad, so he probably isnt too bothered. He must be hungry/thirsty though! just wish he would hurry up and come back so i can stop stressing!! I know as soon as he does turn up I will probably find the whole ordeal quite ammusing, but as it stands im a bit of a mess. I need my snake back!!!
Kehhlyr Posted - 07/08/2011 : 11:10:39
When I've built those vivs in the past I've put the back on last and turned it upside down. The holes are perfect for stat/mat cables so removes the need to drill more.
When sealing I just squidge a bit more sealant into the holes.
west5680 Posted - 07/08/2011 : 11:02:57
there is a fantastic post on here somewhere about what to do when snakes get out. Its really good, can't find it at the min as on my phone but hopefully someone will know the one i mean and send you the link. Good luck and keep faith.
jonnyc1988 Posted - 07/08/2011 : 10:44:12
Thanks, i hope he hasnt got outside. His viv is upstairs, so im hoping he hasnt decided to venture down the stairs yet. I havent tried a bottle trap yet. after feeding he always sits in his cave with his heat mat for at least a day, so i figured if i just leave them all set up on the floor with some food i would find a fat snake sat in his cave. But unfortunately it hasnt worked yet. which is surprising as he has never turned down food, he always wolfs it down!! I have flour strips across all doorways, but he hasnt crossed any of them yet.
Mamma Posted - 07/08/2011 : 10:33:54
hope he turns up for you xxx
Figs Posted - 07/08/2011 : 10:32:08
Oh no!
I hope he turns up for you soon! Set bottle and flour traps, see if they help any.
My Goonie was missing for a few weeks but then turned up in the garden of all places, so dont loose hope

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000