The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 rattling

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tordyjo Posted - 02/08/2011 : 20:36:44
Just had harry out for some exercise, was just about to put him back in his viv and he tail rattled on my nightie - think it was just the right time to go back in his house - had a bit of a shock, its the first time he's rattled his tail at me.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cattNmo Posted - 03/08/2011 : 09:50:41
One of mine is continually out in this weather. Nothings changed and she's well fed some i'm putting it down to the weather. Even Mo is a little more active than normal, he is such a male!!
garrie Posted - 03/08/2011 : 08:56:24
AURYN has been more active with this hot weather...I know the temperatures are fine in his faun (he does still mooch about swapping hides etc), but last night when i got home from work he was very active - so i had a little social time with him and put him back...and he went straight back to wandering around the faun again...right up until about 11:30pm
Mort13 Posted - 02/08/2011 : 23:45:50
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

It maybe the weather, my most calm snake gets a bit moody with the hot weather!

I think you may be onto something there. I've had a fight with a bootlace tonight and it nearly won!!
Sta~ple Posted - 02/08/2011 : 21:45:19
It maybe the weather, my most calm snake gets a bit moody with the hot weather!
tordyjo Posted - 02/08/2011 : 21:35:07
quote:
Originally posted by Spreebok

Next time he does it, don't put him back. Keep him out for another 5 mins or until he settles down if he's playing up for the 5 minutes. They are smart, and will quickly figure out that aggressive/defensive behavior = get to go back home ;)

never thought of it this way, will most certainly do that next time, he's normally quite placid, i did notice that he's gone very dull however not yet in blue, so i'm expecting a shed coming, could have just been that
JackHutchy979 Posted - 02/08/2011 : 21:34:14
Whenever snakey gets his food he wraps around it and rattles his tail if you make a noise at all very defense when eating
garrie Posted - 02/08/2011 : 21:14:03
Definately agree with Spreebok here...everything i have read (and found so far as a relatively new snake owner) says that "social sessions" should end on a positive
Spreebok Posted - 02/08/2011 : 20:59:23
Next time he does it, don't put him back. Keep him out for another 5 mins or until he settles down if he's playing up for the 5 minutes. They are smart, and will quickly figure out that aggressive/defensive behavior = get to go back home ;)
HannahB Posted - 02/08/2011 : 20:42:10
our Zero was like a rattler in disguise when we first got him.. he hated us with a passion.. now hes 2 hes soooo much better - he doesn't tolerate being handled as well as the others but he hasn't struck or rattled in ages!

Maybe you moved quickly and spooked him?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000