The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 A small step forward

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kdlang Posted - 01/08/2011 : 23:05:34
It has only taken 18 months but this weekend, one of my best friends has finally been in the same room as me while I was holding a snake. She has always been petrified of snakes and usually wont even go into the same room as the vivs. If she couldn't avoid it she would make sure she couldn't see the vivs at any time. I have never pushed her to look at them and have never normally had them out while she was around. However this weekend one of her daughters wanted to see the snakes as she never seen them out of the vivs or touched them before.

I was just showing her daughter Mr Hoggie when my friend came and stood in the doorway and watched. She said she felt ok as it was only little and wasn't moving much. Mr Hoggie usually just sits in my hand and watches the world go by when I have him out. I was really impressed with her that she managed to be in the same room as one of the snakes and watching it even if it was only the doorway.

Then as I was happy that she had managed to overcome her fear to do that, she said she wanted to watch them be fed as well. I think she was incredibly brave as I feed my big ones on a sheet on the floor and she was sat barely 2 meters away.

So I want to say a big WELL DONE to my friend Julie and let everyone know that sometimes patience really does win out
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 02/08/2011 : 23:48:45
quote:
Originally posted by Corrah

That's fantastic to hear. It is definately curiosity that gets the better of folks. I've managed to hold a tarantula twice now, but I'm still not too keen on them, but I totally freak out with house spiders. They are so ugly!

Very well done Julie :)

Lol,glad its not just me. I've held a tarantula on a few occasions,but I still lose the plot completely over any spiders in the house.....by that I mean anything over 5mm!!
Corrah Posted - 02/08/2011 : 20:29:08
That's fantastic to hear. It is definately curiosity that gets the better of folks. I've managed to hold a tarantula twice now, but I'm still not too keen on them, but I totally freak out with house spiders. They are so ugly!

Very well done Julie :)
Bethm01 Posted - 02/08/2011 : 16:30:28
Well done, Julie!
I can't even IMAGINE not being scared of needles, as I have a phobia... for her to stand there is a huge achievement!

Well done to you too Kdlang, for being persistent and patient!
kdlang Posted - 02/08/2011 : 16:07:53
My tips for anyone with scared friends is just to let them take it at whatever pace they want but don't hide the snakes away. I didn't force them on Julie but if I had one out when she came round then she could either come in the same room or talk to me through the walls. Same as she could choose to come in the room with the tanks or not to. I never actually thought I would see the day when she would be in the same room as one of them especially as I didn't have hold of it while it was on the floor. Curiosity won out in the end
Aegis Posted - 02/08/2011 : 14:55:39
Well done :o) Big achievement there! I have a friend who is petrified to even look at pictures of snakes, he wants my help so he can be able to just be in the same house as one! Baby steps....
HannahB Posted - 02/08/2011 : 14:39:15
yay
thats great news! Well done Julie!
Mort13 Posted - 02/08/2011 : 09:49:47
Well done Julie,you should be proud of yourself!
tordyjo Posted - 02/08/2011 : 08:36:16
well done Julie, how very brave
scottishbluebird Posted - 02/08/2011 : 01:31:43
it is great when that happens,well done Julie!!
garrie Posted - 01/08/2011 : 23:46:53
Well done Julie! Also, well done kdlang for persevering, you have given me a little more hope over a couple of nervous friends that I'm working on ;-)
thistle Posted - 01/08/2011 : 23:36:52
That's great. I wish my mum would be that brave.
Mamma Posted - 01/08/2011 : 23:17:21
fabulous!! xxx
lotabob Posted - 01/08/2011 : 23:07:43
Well done Julie! Potential there for another snake lover in maybe 1 or 20 years

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000