The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 New page.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kabigat Posted - 29/07/2011 : 17:59:33
Being relatively new to snake keeping(4months)yesterday my corn snake shed his skin.
Being a good boy I entered this in my record book but to do this I had to start a new page and I thought to my self flippin' heck that's gone quick and this got me to thinking ,who on this forum has the longest record book on a particular snake and how far back does it go?

***edited by GP***
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ptmbradley Posted - 01/08/2011 : 02:22:52
All mine have a little notebook. Includes their name, species/morph, age, sex, date, place and cost of purchase, and also their weight and length when I first got them. Then after that initial indexing I log their weekly feeds, sheds and anything 'out of the ordinary', such as aggressive behaviour. I also do weights and measures at the first feed of the month. I personally don't log their toilet habits, but some people do and I'm thinking of doing it at least for a few weeks.

Anyway, after all that, I just realised the question was simply how long is your record back. Well, it's about 8 inches... Oh, you didn't mean that? Well I've only had snakes coming up 4 months, so not very long...

Hmmm... Answering a question that wasn't asked and then having an answer that doesn't justify a response. And then waffling on about it. Think I'm just going to crawl back under my rock now. Or perhaps given what forum this is, back into my hide. Nite nite...

thistle Posted - 01/08/2011 : 01:46:11
I've got a note book for Barnaby with all the dates he feeds, sheds, plus his weight (weekly) and length (whenever I can be ****d measuring it..... so not that often). I've just started one for Bailey.
ozziesmum Posted - 31/07/2011 : 09:58:31
Excel spread sheet for me then stored on a memory stick for safe keeping.
Mort13 Posted - 31/07/2011 : 09:47:19
My snakes all have their own record books,and I have a couple of folders with clear sleeves in that I use to put their sheds in too.
Simmy_82 Posted - 31/07/2011 : 08:00:59
My record book will start today when I collect my snake. Ive set up a nice excel spread sheet. Can email others it of they wish?
tordyjo Posted - 31/07/2011 : 07:48:45
i've got a little book for each snake (approx 10cm x 5cm) little notepad thing really, and just write in when the date they fed and how much, if they refused anything, the date they go into blue (if i notice, purely for my own memory) and the date they shed. If i weigh or measure them i also write that in too, and i've written in the dates i've moved into bigger viv/fauns, so if theres any non feeding after, i can think that could be a possible cause, my personal thoughts are yes i'm probably writing too much down, but is it hurting anyone - no, i've a terrible memory so writing it down is the best way, i think anyways
Auld Baldy Posted - 31/07/2011 : 04:34:50
I had six full 5ft sheds pinned to the wall. Eventually I realised that this was not going to be a viable commercial proposition for designer footwear as it was going to take another 12 months for the left shoe so I binned the lot.

I do use a page to a month calendar to track feeding, shedding and fasting. Nothing fancy, just 1x mouse, shed # and tally the non feeding weeks.
lotabob Posted - 31/07/2011 : 01:05:20
I kept them for a little while then realised I had a box full of dead skin so I picked out their first sheds and binned the rest.
scottishbluebird Posted - 31/07/2011 : 00:56:19
You could just put sheds in a box, they wont rot/disintigrate apparantely, not all sheds are in a nice neat line, Kellogs last one was complete, but in a right tangle
garrie Posted - 31/07/2011 : 00:46:41
Hey, hadn't thought of keeping a proper record book...may have to start ;-) One thing that I do plan to do though is to create a folder and laminate all of AURYNS sheds, just to preserve them and look back and see growth...I guess this would be the best way to preserve the sheds?
gingerpony Posted - 29/07/2011 : 19:53:38
i've had my snow 8+ years, everything else is younger except my OAP corn but i've only had him a few years

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000