New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kabigat
Egg

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2011 :  17:59:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being relatively new to snake keeping(4months)yesterday my corn snake shed his skin.
Being a good boy I entered this in my record book but to do this I had to start a new page and I thought to my self flippin' heck that's gone quick and this got me to thinking ,who on this forum has the longest record book on a particular snake and how far back does it go?

***edited by GP***

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2011 :  19:53:38  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i've had my snow 8+ years, everything else is younger except my OAP corn but i've only had him a few years

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

garrie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1148 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2011 :  00:46:41  Show Profile  Visit garrie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey, hadn't thought of keeping a proper record book...may have to start ;-) One thing that I do plan to do though is to create a folder and laminate all of AURYNS sheds, just to preserve them and look back and see growth...I guess this would be the best way to preserve the sheds?

^click for more pics^
Garrie - Halesworth, Suffolk. 1.0 AURYN (fire morph corn) 0.1 Puzzle (Cat)
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2011 :  00:56:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You could just put sheds in a box, they wont rot/disintigrate apparantely, not all sheds are in a nice neat line, Kellogs last one was complete, but in a right tangle

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2011 :  01:05:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I kept them for a little while then realised I had a box full of dead skin so I picked out their first sheds and binned the rest.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Auld Baldy
Ikea's Pimp

United Kingdom
1619 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2011 :  04:34:50  Show Profile  Visit Auld Baldy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had six full 5ft sheds pinned to the wall. Eventually I realised that this was not going to be a viable commercial proposition for designer footwear as it was going to take another 12 months for the left shoe so I binned the lot.

I do use a page to a month calendar to track feeding, shedding and fasting. Nothing fancy, just 1x mouse, shed # and tally the non feeding weeks.

1.0.0: Miami Normal: Taggart
0.0.1: Carolina Normal: Wee Woody
0.0.1: Grey Rat Snake: Mirkey
0.0.1: Amel Corn: Blaze
1.0.0: Carpet Python: Vambo
0.0.1: MBK: Fester
0.0.1: Florida King Snake : Rattler (Rattle & Hum)
0.0.1. California King Snake: El Diablo Diego
0.2.0 Tarantulas : Ermintrude & Euphemia.
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2011 :  07:48:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i've got a little book for each snake (approx 10cm x 5cm) little notepad thing really, and just write in when the date they fed and how much, if they refused anything, the date they go into blue (if i notice, purely for my own memory) and the date they shed. If i weigh or measure them i also write that in too, and i've written in the dates i've moved into bigger viv/fauns, so if theres any non feeding after, i can think that could be a possible cause, my personal thoughts are yes i'm probably writing too much down, but is it hurting anyone - no, i've a terrible memory so writing it down is the best way, i think anyways

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2011 :  08:00:59  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My record book will start today when I collect my snake. Ive set up a nice excel spread sheet. Can email others it of they wish?

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith

Edited by - Simmy_82 on 31/07/2011 08:02:50
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2011 :  09:47:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My snakes all have their own record books,and I have a couple of folders with clear sleeves in that I use to put their sheds in too.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2011 :  09:58:31  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Excel spread sheet for me then stored on a memory stick for safe keeping.

Jane.

Oscar Black Lab, Saffron, Merlin and Mischief the cats, assorted fish, Rhubarb & Custard the corns, Tuppence the Tortoise, Tripod the Leopard Gecko.
Go to Top of Page

thistle
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1757 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2011 :  01:46:11  Show Profile  Visit thistle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've got a note book for Barnaby with all the dates he feeds, sheds, plus his weight (weekly) and length (whenever I can be ****d measuring it..... so not that often). I've just started one for Bailey.

2.0.0 Dogs (westie Angus, shih tzu Archie)
0.5.0 African Pygmy Hedgehogs (Harriet, Amelia, Matilda, Jemima, Maisie) RIP Hector
0.4.0 Guinea Pigs (Isobel, Effy, Mrs Mack & Sheila)
1.0.0 Lutino C0ckatiel (Sammy)
3.0.0 Corn Snakes - CB10 Amel (Barnaby), CB11 Anery Lavender (Bailey), CB10 Caramel Motley (Bradley)
0.1.0 CB11 Western Hognose Snake (Maggie)
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2011 :  02:22:52  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All mine have a little notebook. Includes their name, species/morph, age, sex, date, place and cost of purchase, and also their weight and length when I first got them. Then after that initial indexing I log their weekly feeds, sheds and anything 'out of the ordinary', such as aggressive behaviour. I also do weights and measures at the first feed of the month. I personally don't log their toilet habits, but some people do and I'm thinking of doing it at least for a few weeks.

Anyway, after all that, I just realised the question was simply how long is your record back. Well, it's about 8 inches... Oh, you didn't mean that? Well I've only had snakes coming up 4 months, so not very long...

Hmmm... Answering a question that wasn't asked and then having an answer that doesn't justify a response. And then waffling on about it. Think I'm just going to crawl back under my rock now. Or perhaps given what forum this is, back into my hide. Nite nite...

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000