The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 never again!!!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ntbryenton-rochard Posted - 23/06/2011 : 08:11:24
Yesterday I spot cleaned ammy and instead of putting the dirt in the wheelie bin outside, I tied it up in a scented nappy sack and put it in the kitchen bin..OMG NEVER AGAIN!!!!! I woke up to an absolutly stinking house today . I hunted the house high and low thinking my cat had had messed indoors but then I realised that the stench was coming from the bin. Note to self..... put snake poo's in the outside bin!!!!!
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MightyMouse Posted - 05/07/2011 : 12:31:15
We always know when the snake has pooped. I find it stinks more than fresh dog poo thats smeared all over ya shoe. Ya can smell it as ya come down the stairs in the morning, fresh coffee is much more preferable.

Scooped out with a food bag an a knot tied in it seams to 'contain' the smell enough for us not to have to run to the wheelie bin in the rain.
tordyjo Posted - 04/07/2011 : 08:04:57
poo under the nails!! - a new treatment to stop people biting them perhaps, lol
ptmbradley Posted - 04/07/2011 : 01:29:05
... have to agree about the boas. My corns, I can't tell when they've been and quite often struggle to find the evidence, even though they are all on fuzzies now. But OMG my new trio! It stinks! And how much wee?? I was 10 minutes late for work the other day after cleaning up Delilah's mess! lol

...just noticed someone has been banned. Thought it had gone a bit quiet...
Spreebok Posted - 24/06/2011 : 21:53:07
I scoop it out with bog roll and flush it! Listers poops sometimes smell, sometimes not. I can always tell if one of them has gone, because the viv will smell off. I've only had the pleasure of a snake stinking the room out once!

I'll admit though, I once took a dried poop out, popped the tissue on the side, and completely forgot about it for a week! Talk about minging!
reptiledanny Posted - 24/06/2011 : 13:31:35
i put all my snake poo's in a dog poo bag and it goes in my bin in the bedroom, and i never find that it stinks.
the boa is absolulty vile, she is not very lady like at all when she goes, and she always seems so proud of it
i am lucky with my corn, because for some reason he will actually only go in one corner, so i pack that corner out with substrate and have newspaper under it, and it is so simple for me to clean out, although i still have to search his tank just incase, but never anywhere else
Mort13 Posted - 23/06/2011 : 21:55:06
I think theres something wrong with me,half the time I can't smell it!
Although a couple of months back Loki did a heap on his heat mat,it nearly knocked me out when I opened the viv door My mum was round but said she couldn't smell it. So I told her to breathe in more. She stuck her head in the viv,took a deep breath and nearly threw up. Of course i was very sympathetic and didn't laugh at all!!
tarotpodge Posted - 23/06/2011 : 19:48:09
quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

Thanks, been having a down day and maybe i am a bit warped, but found this thread really funny!

i will second that .....
Sta~ple Posted - 23/06/2011 : 17:58:17
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

I put the poo in my bedroom bin and don't fimd it to smell that bad :/ maybe it depends on substrate?

I do the same and its only if all 6 poop on the same day that I find it really stinks to high heaven.. although my bin does get emptied every 2-3days cause I'm super messy and have one of those feshmatic thingys so maybe that helps?

Hehe mine stays in my room for like a week, maybe longer >>; Eeven the smell poops done on the heat mat by the stinky king XD suppose once ytou've smelt fox poo corn and king poo is fine.
ntbryenton-rochard Posted - 23/06/2011 : 16:40:24
lmao that this is now a 'hot topic' and its about poo. Us snake owners are definatly like new mums, talking freely about such 'lovely' things!
Kehhlyr Posted - 23/06/2011 : 16:22:16
I have to agree with what was said on the previous page about boa poo. I honestly believe that sometimes mine could give me a run for my money. Giant landmines that you KNOW are there but sometimes have to hunt for.
Thankfully I've never gotten any under my nails, i practically have none.
I do think that quite often my snakes (and beardies, that poo honks like nothing else) all seem to decide to poo at the same time quite often and it's nearly always the day that I've been out and am bringing someone round to see them.
Vixyg Posted - 23/06/2011 : 15:57:35
its amazing how poo can stop you feeling poo!
ntbryenton-rochard Posted - 23/06/2011 : 15:50:14
Glad it cheered you up.....lol
scottishbluebird Posted - 23/06/2011 : 15:40:41
Thanks, been having a down day and maybe i am a bit warped, but found this thread really funny!
HannahB Posted - 23/06/2011 : 15:04:02
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

I put the poo in my bedroom bin and don't fimd it to smell that bad :/ maybe it depends on substrate?

I do the same and its only if all 6 poop on the same day that I find it really stinks to high heaven.. although my bin does get emptied every 2-3days cause I'm super messy and have one of those feshmatic thingys so maybe that helps?
ntbryenton-rochard Posted - 23/06/2011 : 14:52:37
Glad I don't have a boa...lol. The corn poo is bad enough!
To vixyg, mine didn't go for two weeks when in shed. He made up for it when he shed though, it was massive!!!!
Ashma Posted - 23/06/2011 : 13:51:48
Under your nail.....ewwwwwww. I've had it smeared on my work shirt and I thought that was bad enough!
lotabob Posted - 23/06/2011 : 13:40:51
My royal only goes once every 3 months!!! Its immense and the poor guy loses 150+ grams of weight when he goes. I don't mind it though, you can find it and deal with it. Don't get me started on Boa poo, it is vile, it stinks to high heaven and is accompanied by a tsunami or wee that floods everything around it, if you get that on your hands you will smell of it all day. Corns are poop machines, but its manageable and they also seem to find novel ways to hide it, you know its there, your nostrils are telling you it must be somewhere and then you stick your finger in it and it goes under your nail (BARF).
Vixyg Posted - 23/06/2011 : 13:35:38
oh goody im so excited! :o/
Sta~ple Posted - 23/06/2011 : 13:35:22
Ashma Posted - 23/06/2011 : 13:27:42
Expect a massive poop when the shed happens. They seem to get everything gone in one massive whirl of poop and skin.....which sounds gross haha!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000