The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 First snake first shed!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kittypuss85 Posted - 16/06/2011 : 19:04:36
Just went to get rapunzel out of her faunarium and noticed what looked like tape stuck to her hide - then realised it was her first shed with us!

Completely whole shed with tail tip and eyecaps and everything in between!

I never noticed her go blue and we've had her 4 weeks. Did I miss it?

I would have liked to keep her first shed, but looks like she pooped just beforehand then shed in the same place.

How long after she's she's should I leave it before Handling her again?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
monalisa70 Posted - 17/06/2011 : 20:04:29
When i found Astrids firt shed,i completely missed it as well i just woke up to a shedded skin in the faun,i handled her stragight after and during cos i didn't know she was in shed and she was fine .Congrats on your first shed
tordyjo Posted - 17/06/2011 : 18:39:24
aww bless, its so exciting getting that first shed, i got to witness a shed the other night and that was amazing
LynneM_212 Posted - 17/06/2011 : 16:04:31
Congrats!!

My baby snake Kchalice, gets very annoyed when being handled in shed... bites, goes tight around your hand and poos all over you!! not very nice!! so she gets left!!

My other one... doesnt mind hes a very calm snake, but i tend to leave him aswell as they cant see properly... and i dont like to think i could be stressing them out !!

But after Kchalice is shed she is a completly different snake !!! very happy !! (which suits me better lol)
Newbie Posted - 17/06/2011 : 10:36:45
Congratulations! Vin will still eat in shed but he hides away more so I tend not to handle him, shame she poohed near it, I kept Vin's first shed to!
ozziesmum Posted - 17/06/2011 : 10:25:10
Hi I handle both of mine before during and after shedding and not ad a problem so far.
herriotfan Posted - 17/06/2011 : 10:13:57
Awww, bless her. Glad the first shed went ok. You can handle her anytime. Some snakes will be happy to be handled even in shed so unless she or you decide not to it's fine to keep handling whenever you like except the 48 hours after feeding. Shedding never stops mine from wanting their time out with me.
Mamma Posted - 16/06/2011 : 19:24:33
congrats on your 1st successful shed!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000