The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Food Storage

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Deadpowerful Posted - 13/06/2011 : 17:27:38
Hey, I was wondering where people store there snakes food, whether you freeze it in the freezer in secure containers or whether you have a completely different freezer?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LucyB Posted - 17/06/2011 : 12:51:38
Mine are in the freezer in the garage with other food, but i keep them in a rub and then pop the rub in a shoe box at the back of the freezer.... I don't mind feeding them to the snakes, I just don't want to look at them everytime I grab some fishfingers!!!
rubberbiscuit Posted - 15/06/2011 : 20:16:39
Luckily I already had a pet food freezer coz I buy the dogs raw food in bulk!
MsThomson Posted - 15/06/2011 : 07:57:35
I keep mine in the bag they come in anywhere i can find room in the freezer. Im the only adult in the house at present and the only one who cooks, so no-one risks pulling them out and being grossed out. Although my little ones do occassionally go for a wee look to see how cute the new batch are! Im moving in with my somewhat OCD boyfriend in a few weeks and Ive felt subtle vibes of the "i hope those mice will be kept seperate" variety! I mentioned bulk buying mice when we have more snakeys and he was somewhat unimpressed with that idea!
cattNmo Posted - 14/06/2011 : 23:05:34
Ours in a normal food tub in the freezer with everyone elses food. But I do know someone who has to buy them one at a time on feding day cause his over half will not have them in the house. (He is only on fluffs lol)
HannahB Posted - 14/06/2011 : 18:36:10
Lucifer has already said where ours are kept but my mum bless her keeps the mice/rats/chicks she has for her/my royals and king in the bags they get them in inside tesco/adsa bags.. on top of everything else in the freezer.. think my brother has pulled the rats out on more than one occasion instead of something else! whoops!
Deadpowerful Posted - 14/06/2011 : 18:05:01
ahh nice, if i get one this may help to convince =)cheers everyone
Sta~ple Posted - 14/06/2011 : 12:36:08
Plaggy bags, inside takeway tubs next to the sausages.
Mort13 Posted - 14/06/2011 : 10:58:09
Mine are in the chest freezer along with everyone elses food. I have them seperated into sandwich bags by size and then all put in an airtight tub.
Carson1915 Posted - 14/06/2011 : 07:48:42
Mines is in the family freezer in the box I got Carson in and inside the bag the come in
scottishbluebird Posted - 13/06/2011 : 22:22:02
In a tub in the freezer, next to the ice cream, it does not bother any one in the house, but anyone else that visits, well they are not impressed lol
Laws Posted - 13/06/2011 : 21:52:05
we stick ours in a lunch box type thing and keep them in there in freezer bags in the bottom draw
DJRenegade Posted - 13/06/2011 : 20:55:37
i have a small chest freezer for my food and a little fridge with a small freezer for the mice :) - kept in a bag.
herriotfan Posted - 13/06/2011 : 20:50:19
In our freezer, in a seperate container, with all the other animal food.
Ailsa Posted - 13/06/2011 : 20:46:45
Bottom drawer of freezer, in a tub next to the veg
kabigat Posted - 13/06/2011 : 20:43:25
Mine are in a container with a lid in the freezer next to the micecream.

Yes that is really corny but I couldn't resist.
Deadpowerful Posted - 13/06/2011 : 20:41:50
hmmm, I have been hoping to get my parents to allow me to use the freezer, buying a freezer just for a bit of food seems silly.
gingerpony Posted - 13/06/2011 : 20:39:47
we have a dedicated 'snake food' freezer then when we get our orders in a re-grade them by weight and bag them up in plastic sandwich bags and label the weight range on it

occasionally the frozen rabbits do spill over into our regular freezer
kdlang Posted - 13/06/2011 : 19:07:25
I keep all my mice in the bottom drawer of my freezer which is usually kept just for mice (unless i go abit crazy when i go shopping). I'm a bit sad in that I double check the weights of all my mice and bag them up according to weight then put them in plastic tubs depending on which snake/snakes they are for.
tordyjo Posted - 13/06/2011 : 18:08:54
i keep my mice firstly in the bags they come in then in a plastic box with lid, thats kept on the top shelf with the rabbits frozen frizbee for the summer
lucifer Posted - 13/06/2011 : 17:38:03
Me and Hannah have a one of those half freezers in our bedroom just out of respect for the house mates, I worry in their drunken state that they may think they were choc ices or something... but we keep the food in their vacuum packed bags alongside our own stuff.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000