The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 9 month corn

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dam Posted - 26/05/2011 : 20:40:35
hi

i know this may sound like a really stupid question but after looking on here at some lovely snakes at 9 months old weighing 90g+ it got me a little worried, my corn snake (unsexed but call her aura) is 9 months old and only weighs 14g and is 16 inchs long now i know that they can come in different sizes and wieghts but it got me a little concerned she is very thin and her feeding record shows 1 pinkie a week and she has refused food for the last 3 weeks.

any advice please should i worry or is this "normal" in some snakes
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tordyjo Posted - 27/05/2011 : 07:25:29
It must be the trend in the shops near where i live, i've been to 2 different reptile shops and feeding 1 pinky a week was normal diet for them both for hatchling size snakes, i've never bought a full grown so haven't seen their feeding records.
ptmbradley Posted - 27/05/2011 : 03:42:53
quote:
Originally posted by dam

she hasnt eaten for the last three weeks

As long as she seems healthy and maintaining her weight you don't need to be overly worried that she isn't eating at the moment. Obviously you'd like to see her eating normally, but they can go a long time without food.

ptmbradley Posted - 27/05/2011 : 03:37:58
...and where I get mine from feed HUGE portions to their snakes!
Invalid User Posted - 26/05/2011 : 22:47:03
quote:
Originally posted by tordyjo

I bought my second corn last weekend who is only a month younger than my first, she's 3 x smaller than the first one too, i've come to realise that the pet shop(s) only feed a maintenance diet of 1 pinky to sustain life as most people want a tiny snake to start with. As soon as you increase the amount you feed he'll start to grow

Not always the case. My 140g boy was from a petshop who fed him very well indeed lol
Mamma Posted - 26/05/2011 : 22:43:50
Romeo is 22g and hes only coming up a yr in july. Every snake is different xx
tordyjo Posted - 26/05/2011 : 21:59:20
I bought my second corn last weekend who is only a month younger than my first, she's 3 x smaller than the first one too, i've come to realise that the pet shop(s) only feed a maintenance diet of 1 pinky to sustain life as most people want a tiny snake to start with. As soon as you increase the amount you feed he'll start to grow
Spreebok Posted - 26/05/2011 : 21:50:49
Hehe, I'm sorry if my chunky Lister got you worried :)
They all grow at different rates, so long as they eat, poop and shed, theres no need to worry!
dam Posted - 26/05/2011 : 21:03:07
she hasnt eaten for the last three weeks
Ailsa Posted - 26/05/2011 : 21:00:48
My little corn was 52cm and 19g when i first weighed her not long after i got her on 9th april
ptmbradley Posted - 26/05/2011 : 20:58:47
I have 3 corns up to 9 months old. One is 15g and 16", one is 16g and 17" and the other is 32g and 21"...
Invalid User Posted - 26/05/2011 : 20:45:47
I just got a corn of 11 months old and he was only 16g, he's now 22g. I have another corn of the same age who is 140g!!

As long as he is eating fine and gaining weight don't worry. Is she gaining and eating ok?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000