The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Next Addition.....Your Thoughts?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ashma Posted - 16/05/2011 : 13:13:17
Hey all,

Sooooo. After moving my anery Theo into a viv this weekend I now have an empty Faun, sat in the bedroom, mocking me because it is currently snake-less.

I currently have a snow, an anery and a carolina and would look to bring a fourth little one into the family....the question is.....what morph?!

I am pretty indecisive at the best of times....and this..tied with the fact that I love nearly every morph out there, makes for a difficult decision indeed.

With this in mind, I would like to open the floor to suggestions (to take the decision out of my hands!).

Opinions and suggestions please!
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rubberbiscuit Posted - 18/05/2011 : 13:08:17
Ooooh, I love butter/caramel motleys. Although I dont plan on getting another Corn Snake til Kiora is all grown up and in his adult 4ft viv. I am def getting a Kenyan Sand Boa next month though!!
Personally I love dinky snakes like sand boas, childrens/spotted pythons, hognoses, smaller milk snakes.
A corn is probably as big as I want to get!!
crazy JJ Posted - 17/05/2011 : 13:39:12
butter motleys are stunning snakies (wishs mine was still alive :( bah i think okeetee's are stunning aswell :D but there is a fair few very nice corns but as lou has said there are many other snakes out there to.

i personally have a huge wish list (have to wait to move out though) but kings are great they have character and just all round ace :D can get some very nice milks and boa's but its all to personal taste and what you like or want its completly upto you. i would suggest just having a look round see what you like, research it, if you can meet all the requirements then go for it whether it be corn or not.
Ashma Posted - 17/05/2011 : 07:57:25
I did fall in love with a little hognose at the pet shop in my area, but then it went and ate its mate!!......and got sold before I had the space.

I'm really intrigued to learn more about other species now, but I am definitely favouring a butter corn at the moment, especially motley...so cool!
Sta~ple Posted - 16/05/2011 : 23:17:35
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

you def sticking with corns?

I wondered that too :D corns are great but sometimes I do regret having 4 when I could have had other species of snakes with different little attitudes :3

Oktees are beautiful. As are butters and the proper lavender lavs :D

I agree. I am glad I have quite a varied selection now. Corns are great but there are so many other great snakes out there too that aren't as difficult as you might think to look after.

Yep :D wish I had space for a milk, another king and maybe something like a house snake, green unicorn snake :p

I think you should do some looking at the snake pictures on rfuk, so many nice snakes on there! or go on tks or trp :D
Laws Posted - 16/05/2011 : 23:15:19
i would say caramel motley , i could be biased tho as my litle girl shed a week or so ago and her colour is gettin better and better :D
kdlang Posted - 16/05/2011 : 23:03:51
Corn morphs - I absolutely love my butter motleys and my new lavender is gorgeous. I would also love to have a bloodred again (my bloodred motley stripe baby died last year) and an amel stripe which are stunning.
Off corn - thoroughly recommend hognose especially if you are short on space as they don't grow as big as corns. Any king snake. Louises Goins king is stunning and I just wanna steal him. I don't have any experience with kings but that is probably going to be my next non-corn aquisition (if I can hide it from the kids. Iv been banned from having any more lol)
Ashma Posted - 16/05/2011 : 21:15:12
Hmmm, loving all the discussion on here! Three recommendations for Butter so far.....hint hint, haha

So do any of you guys have experience with others?? King snakes etc??
Invalid User Posted - 16/05/2011 : 17:03:02
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

quote:

I wondered that too :D corns are great but sometimes I do regret having 4 when I could have had other species of snakes with different little attitudes :3

I agree. I am glad I have quite a varied selection now. Corns are great but there are so many other great snakes out there too that aren't as difficult as you might think to look after.
snowstripe420 Posted - 16/05/2011 : 16:55:34
Im looking at BRBs. Most beautiful snakes i have ever seen in my opinion. If i was going to go with another corn, id grab an amel.
Sta~ple Posted - 16/05/2011 : 16:51:55
quote:

Invalid User Posted - 16/05/2011 : 16:06:40
Just delete them!
Ailsa Posted - 16/05/2011 : 16:00:36
I'm just loving seeing mine feed and am looking forward to seeing her growing. I think when she sees im gonna take her out she's like "oh no not you again, look if your not feeding me then leave me alone" lol

Ashma Posted - 16/05/2011 : 15:56:20
I love it when they strike and constrict. Theo is around the 2ft mark now and is quite powerful. He's the complete opposite in terms of temper though. Very chilled out and relaxed. He has this motion when I put my hand in the viv of

'what?! oh right...its you...again....*sigh* go on then, pick me up'

Bless. Here's me giving my snake a personlity....I'm sad like that!
Ailsa Posted - 16/05/2011 : 15:54:00
Dakota is starting to go a bit mental with her food now, she's like must kill pinkie at all costs and then chomps it down, she's great to handle tho is a bit flighty once i take her out but she does settle down. I've got aspen for her so she can burrow and tunnel but for now she'll be on kitchen roll. She's still shy though and waits till coast is clear before coming out for a mooch and she does love her loo roll tubes which I fixed to top of her faun with cable ties.
Ashma Posted - 16/05/2011 : 15:50:17
Awww, so tiny still :)

Cleo is insane, I'm sure of it. Struck and constricted on the FIRST feed. Always out and about climbing and a little terror to handle. Very fun to sit and watch though. I have her on beech chippings but want to get her onto aspen as I'm sure she'd tunnel a maze through it!
Ailsa Posted - 16/05/2011 : 15:47:09
Yeah def do let me know whaat you decide. I only have 1 corn snake, Dakota is a 4 month old Bloodred and still shy bless her, plus my 2 mental, insane and a little bit psychotic cats Amber 7 and Chloe 6 yrs old. They are my wee family :)
Ashma Posted - 16/05/2011 : 15:41:56
I'll definitely let you know what I decide on for the next addition :)
I have two and a half
First is Theo, over a year old, anery motley
Second is Cleo, 7 month old carolina (absolutely insane aswell)

The half...well my other half has a year old snow called Pixie, but when we finish the move to our new house, it will be a joint effort to look after all 3
Ailsa Posted - 16/05/2011 : 15:38:53
Well you do what you feel most comfy with but possibly don't completely rule out other snake species. How many corns do you have?
Ashma Posted - 16/05/2011 : 15:35:57
I've had my corns for around 6 months now, but I still feel like I know very little. Its always a challenge keeping animals of any type, but I enjoy it and I like the bond I have with my snakes (although its definitely not reciprocated haha).
I've just fallen in love with corns!
I'm a huge reptile fan though and would never rule out another type of snake altogether. I think for me, its just a case of being comfortable :)
Ailsa Posted - 16/05/2011 : 15:25:51
Yeah King snakes etc and my knowledge is not vast as I only got my first corn snake last month however, I'd like other types of snakes with as near to care requirements to corns as possible, which is why I am doing a lot of research reading but it is not set in stone that wont get another corn, even though I have other choices of snakes I may not get them due to budget etc and then I would look at getting another corn snake :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000