The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Securing RUB lids what do you use that works well

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
vivtastic Posted - 14/05/2011 : 18:26:05
Just wondered whats the best pruduct for securing RUB lids so thety cannot be pushed of by a snake, i am thinking some sort of spring clip maybe but i cannot source them anywhere.

Kindest regards

Vivtastic
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 16/05/2011 : 16:34:29
I don't sure mine. But they are in air tight modified food containers! I still struggle to get the lid off and they ahve been in them for a year!
Invalid User Posted - 16/05/2011 : 15:54:15
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

Probably the easiest method i have seen is using curtain runner clips, works well and less faff to get off and back on again.

I do that ^^^^
Mamma Posted - 16/05/2011 : 15:48:54
I use bulldog clips. The big sturdy ones
Ailsa Posted - 16/05/2011 : 15:15:47
I am sure the branded RUBs handles are secure enough and I will probable buy the branded ones when i need these however, if i cannot get them then i would use wing nuts/bolts or luggage strapps to secure lids.
josh9961 Posted - 14/05/2011 : 23:51:09
I use luggage straps on lids without clips, especially during transport of my little anery. On our journey home from buying her she pushed the lid straight off her tub!
Kehhlyr Posted - 14/05/2011 : 23:49:09
I have used luggage straps to hold down lids of cheap plastic tubs and to hold down lids on vivs as well.
josh9961 Posted - 14/05/2011 : 20:39:47
The only escape I've ever had was entirely my own fault... I MAY have removed the door of a viv to facilitate easier removal of a corn snake, then I MAY also have forgotten to return it to the viv...
vivtastic Posted - 14/05/2011 : 20:37:28
"I cannot be bothered with complex locking systems" is usually followed by "has anyone seen my cornsnake".lol.

Regards

Vivtastic
josh9961 Posted - 14/05/2011 : 20:32:14
I cannot be bothered with complex locking solutions, I just buy bargain branded RUBs from the internet and put holes in myself. Although my local exotics shop does pretty cheap RUBs with holes already melted in.
mikerichards Posted - 14/05/2011 : 20:24:32
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

branded RUBS have handles, other tubs do not have the handles, mine are secured by either bolts and wing nuts or cable ties.

Bolts and wing nuts??? what are you keeping in there????

Rubs ARE the brand, really useful box, the other boxes are just plastic storage boxes with no name!! Rubs have the handles you use to secure the lid!
Probably the easiest method i have seen is using curtain runner clips, works well and less faff to get off and back on again.
vivtastic Posted - 14/05/2011 : 19:07:35
Wing nuts sound like a good idea and as lotabob says you would remember not securig them which is an added bonus for their use.

Kindest regards

Vivtastic
lotabob Posted - 14/05/2011 : 18:55:27
For the tubs without handles I would use bulldog clips, the big ones are good and strong, the wing nuts idea is a good one too, not so easy to knock off and you'd remember not securing them.
gmac Posted - 14/05/2011 : 18:41:06
branded RUBS have handles, other tubs do not have the handles, mine are secured by either bolts and wing nuts or cable ties.
Invalid User Posted - 14/05/2011 : 18:36:50
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

The handles!

If it's a non brand RUB it wont have handles.
lotabob Posted - 14/05/2011 : 18:31:20
The handles!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000