The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Escapee

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Only1Nitro Posted - 10/05/2011 : 09:48:58
It was a normal day when me and the family went out, while we were out we get a phone call to say that out biggest snake was found at the bottom of our stairs at our flat she had got out then past the front door (no idea how) then down 2 flights of stairs and luckily looks like she could go no further, the thing was we were 45 miles from home so it was a mad dash back home to see her safely back in her home its easier to find them when they are bigger
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Only1Nitro Posted - 11/05/2011 : 22:16:45
she escaped that morning after we went out
Alyson19802 Posted - 11/05/2011 : 21:33:02
Oh no at least she is safe and sound and panic over , although she may have had a taste for freedom now lol
ozziesmum Posted - 11/05/2011 : 21:12:51
I don't use wedges for my doors I've got 2 strips of acrylic dropped into the runners and paper binders on the edges so that no way can they open their doors or squeeze through the gap.
Sta~ple Posted - 11/05/2011 : 20:30:05
Even if the doors are slightly open because of aspen in the runners it can be enough for someone to get their head and push the door, even with rubber wedges!

Your quite lucky, did it escapee that day or had it escapeed some while ago?
Only1Nitro Posted - 11/05/2011 : 20:15:10
definitely not negligence
Invalid User Posted - 10/05/2011 : 12:41:33
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

quote:
Originally posted by Ailsa

i dont understand why people do not check their snakes are all secure and they cannot get out, first thing i do before leaving and getting home is making sure Dakota is in her faun and all secure.

Snakes can and do escape and isn't always down to negligence.

Snakes are escape artists. Quite a few people on here have had escaped snakes from what they thought were secure vivs/tanks. You know how one of mine escaped!

Agreed.

Also, sometimes it not always possible to check 20 snakes before leaving the house everyday. I barely handle mine, so if the viv was secure the day before I can safely assume (usually) that nothing much has changed.

Yup, same.
SexyBear77 Posted - 10/05/2011 : 12:05:32
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

quote:

i dont understand why people do not check their snakes are all secure and they cannot get out, first thing i do before leaving and getting home is making sure Dakota is in her faun and all secure.

Snakes are escape artists. Quite a few people on here have had escaped snakes from what they thought were secure vivs/tanks. You know how one of mine escaped!

Agreed.

Also, sometimes it not always possible to check 20 snakes before leaving the house everyday. I barely handle mine, so if the viv was secure the day before I can safely assume (usually) that nothing much has changed.
Ailsa Posted - 10/05/2011 : 11:40:49
Fair enough Lou
Invalid User Posted - 10/05/2011 : 11:34:31
quote:

Ailsa Posted - 10/05/2011 : 11:16:32
a33272 Posted - 10/05/2011 : 11:06:54
id be concerned on how it got out an and got so far !!!!
Mamma Posted - 10/05/2011 : 10:09:57
bloomin heck!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000