Escapee
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Only1Nitro
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  09:48:58  Show Profile  Visit Only1Nitro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It was a normal day when me and the family went out, while we were out we get a phone call to say that out biggest snake was found at the bottom of our stairs at our flat she had got out then past the front door (no idea how) then down 2 flights of stairs and luckily looks like she could go no further, the thing was we were 45 miles from home so it was a mad dash back home to see her safely back in her home its easier to find them when they are bigger

Male Charcoal = Sterling
Female Carolina = Fofo
Female Butter = Amarelo
12 Eggs

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  10:09:57  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bloomin heck!

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  11:06:54  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
id be concerned on how it got out an and got so far !!!!

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  11:16:32  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i dont understand why people do not check their snakes are all secure and they cannot get out, first thing i do before leaving and getting home is making sure Dakota is in her faun and all secure.

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  11:34:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ailsa

i dont understand why people do not check their snakes are all secure and they cannot get out, first thing i do before leaving and getting home is making sure Dakota is in her faun and all secure.

Snakes can and do escape and isn't always down to negligence.

Snakes are escape artists. Quite a few people on here have had escaped snakes from what they thought were secure vivs/tanks. You know how one of mine escaped!
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  11:40:49  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Fair enough Lou

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  12:05:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

quote:

Snakes are escape artists. Quite a few people on here have had escaped snakes from what they thought were secure vivs/tanks. You know how one of mine escaped!

Agreed.

Also, sometimes it not always possible to check 20 snakes before leaving the house everyday. I barely handle mine, so if the viv was secure the day before I can safely assume (usually) that nothing much has changed.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  12:41:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

quote:

Agreed.

Also, sometimes it not always possible to check 20 snakes before leaving the house everyday. I barely handle mine, so if the viv was secure the day before I can safely assume (usually) that nothing much has changed.

Yup, same.
Go to Top of Page

Only1Nitro
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  20:15:10  Show Profile  Visit Only1Nitro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
definitely not negligence

Male Charcoal = Sterling
Female Carolina = Fofo
Female Butter = Amarelo
12 Eggs
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  20:30:05  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Even if the doors are slightly open because of aspen in the runners it can be enough for someone to get their head and push the door, even with rubber wedges!

Your quite lucky, did it escapee that day or had it escapeed some while ago?

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  21:12:51  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I don't use wedges for my doors I've got 2 strips of acrylic dropped into the runners and paper binders on the edges so that no way can they open their doors or squeeze through the gap.

Jane.

Oscar Black Lab, Saffron, Merlin and Mischief the cats, assorted fish, Rhubarb & Custard the corns, Tuppence the Tortoise, Tripod the Leopard Gecko.
Go to Top of Page

Alyson19802
Hatchling

United Kingdom
162 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  21:33:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh no at least she is safe and sound and panic over , although she may have had a taste for freedom now lol

0.1.0 Snow Corn- Bailey
0.1.0 Bearded Dragon - Lola
1.0.0 Rabbit -Freckles
0.1.0 Cat - Cleo
0.0.2 Fish - Daisy & Alfie
1.1.0 Kids - Cían and Erin
1.0.0 - Very understanding hubby
Go to Top of Page

Only1Nitro
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  22:16:45  Show Profile  Visit Only1Nitro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
she escaped that morning after we went out

Male Charcoal = Sterling
Female Carolina = Fofo
Female Butter = Amarelo
12 Eggs
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000