The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 another landmark!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rubberbiscuit Posted - 08/05/2011 : 00:00:49
Well Ive had my scaly baby since 19/4 and yesterday he finally produced a wee!! Hurrah!!
He already shed (2 days after I got him) and is eating fine so it was the last thing I was waiting for to make sure he was ok. Now I know!!LOL...Ive even seen a little head poke up from the bottom of the viv twice now before going into hiding again.
Oh and most importantly my very prey driven dog (and the reason all my small fluffies live locked away upstairs) finally noticed Kiora when I had him out.. She only looked and wagged her tail so finally I can have a pet downstairs with me who wont have a manic Mini Daschund cross barking at it 24/7!

All Im waiting for now is the first bite!...but Im betting its not as bad as an irate Hamster can do..
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
stotty01 Posted - 09/05/2011 : 17:33:42
congrats :) hamster bites hurt more than snakes for a fact! get a pet rat instead :)
rubberbiscuit Posted - 09/05/2011 : 00:10:51
Yup, my worst bite recently was from my elderly mouse!! (I grabbed her too quickly coz I thought she was about to fall of a shelf!!) It really hurt and bled for ages..
Ailsa, it sounds like you and me are at the same stage with Dakota and Kiora! Im actually changing to aspen soon. The main problem with kitchen roll is as soon as your baby snake realieses they can get underneath it then you never see them!LOL I always have to retreive Kiora from under his paper towel duvet..
Ailsa Posted - 08/05/2011 : 13:34:49
I've only found a few snakie poops to spot clean and had Dakota for 1 month now but she is on beach chip substrate not kitchen roll, which i will change to once she's had a full clean out.
I've yet to be bitten or pooped on, my wee hatchling seems to be fine once she's out and in your hands, she is a wee bit flighty when you go to take her out but am gonna put something in with my scent on to help her settle and not think im going to eat her and she is still settling in lol
Lucy1012 Posted - 08/05/2011 : 08:59:38
lol I think it is more the pulling about that makes Hamsters nasty, we have one who hid everytime we went to get him out, so we respect the fact that his limit is taking food from our hand and a quick pet.. the poor kids have never held him in the year we have had him, but guess what he doesn't bite on the odd occasion he is handled lol

I too am waiting for my first Tag..
gingerpony Posted - 08/05/2011 : 08:14:31
lol congrats on having your first spot-clean to do lol

and no, hamsters can be vicious little b***ers!! whoever thought 'they can be nasty, lets make them a popular childrens' pet'???

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000