another landmark!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rubberbiscuit
Snake Mite

37 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  00:00:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Ive had my scaly baby since 19/4 and yesterday he finally produced a wee!! Hurrah!!
He already shed (2 days after I got him) and is eating fine so it was the last thing I was waiting for to make sure he was ok. Now I know!!LOL...Ive even seen a little head poke up from the bottom of the viv twice now before going into hiding again.
Oh and most importantly my very prey driven dog (and the reason all my small fluffies live locked away upstairs) finally noticed Kiora when I had him out.. She only looked and wagged her tail so finally I can have a pet downstairs with me who wont have a manic Mini Daschund cross barking at it 24/7!

All Im waiting for now is the first bite!...but Im betting its not as bad as an irate Hamster can do..

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  08:14:31  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol congrats on having your first spot-clean to do lol

and no, hamsters can be vicious little b***ers!! whoever thought 'they can be nasty, lets make them a popular childrens' pet'???

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Lucy1012
Hatchling

United Kingdom
127 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  08:59:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol I think it is more the pulling about that makes Hamsters nasty, we have one who hid everytime we went to get him out, so we respect the fact that his limit is taking food from our hand and a quick pet.. the poor kids have never held him in the year we have had him, but guess what he doesn't bite on the odd occasion he is handled lol

I too am waiting for my first Tag..

0.0.1 Amel Corn CB10 Luna
1.0.0 Orchid Corn CB08 Mizuki
0.1.0 Hypo Corn CB10 Hala
0.1.0 Normal het lav CB09 Neona
1.2.0 Normal Royals, Jericho, Eclipse and Monday

and various other critters including, 2 dogs, 2 cats, a hamster, a gerbil, 3 fish, 1 husband and 3 daughters :-)
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  13:34:49  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've only found a few snakie poops to spot clean and had Dakota for 1 month now but she is on beach chip substrate not kitchen roll, which i will change to once she's had a full clean out.
I've yet to be bitten or pooped on, my wee hatchling seems to be fine once she's out and in your hands, she is a wee bit flighty when you go to take her out but am gonna put something in with my scent on to help her settle and not think im going to eat her and she is still settling in lol

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

rubberbiscuit
Snake Mite

37 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  00:10:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup, my worst bite recently was from my elderly mouse!! (I grabbed her too quickly coz I thought she was about to fall of a shelf!!) It really hurt and bled for ages..
Ailsa, it sounds like you and me are at the same stage with Dakota and Kiora! Im actually changing to aspen soon. The main problem with kitchen roll is as soon as your baby snake realieses they can get underneath it then you never see them!LOL I always have to retreive Kiora from under his paper towel duvet..
Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  17:33:42  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
congrats :) hamster bites hurt more than snakes for a fact! get a pet rat instead :)

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000