The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Wow

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kabigat Posted - 05/05/2011 : 20:47:49
Just held my snake for the first time.
Wow!
Didn't want to put him down but have only had him just a week so didn't want to over do it although he seemed quite happy.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boswell3782 Posted - 06/05/2011 : 17:45:23
I got bit the first time I held mine :( tis' all good now
Mort13 Posted - 06/05/2011 : 10:34:47
Its amazing isn't it. I go into my own little world when I'm holding mine,just looking at their marking,how the light catches their scales and watching their muscles working.
My mum,who was wary of snakes now really enjoys handling mine and always mentions how relaxing it is. I never thought I'd hear my mum say something like that!
animalcrazy Posted - 05/05/2011 : 22:06:55
agree love handling and watching them. Colin went in to his viv after a short time out this evening had a long drink from his water bowl while still half wrapped round my hand, fascinated watching him, so delicate.
lotabob Posted - 05/05/2011 : 22:01:56
Absolutely, though my corn snake is happy to just wrap round my arm and go along for any little jobs that need doing.

If someone would have said to me 'you'll enjoy cleaning out cages' I'd have laughed and said not likely or something along those lines but I do, making sure its all immaculately clean and then putting everything back in all nice, then you get to sit for ages just watching them spinning round checking everything out.
kdlang Posted - 05/05/2011 : 21:56:21
I think it is really relaxing as well. The problem is you completely lose track of time while you are handling and nothing else gets done
lotabob Posted - 05/05/2011 : 21:47:51
I spend about an hour a day, spot checking, changing water and handling each of my three, after a full day at work and walking, feeding dogs, cooking dinner etc its lovely to just sit on the floor infront of the vivariums and just handle them. It is therapeutic.
Ailsa Posted - 05/05/2011 : 21:37:49
I actually love the feel of my ickle hatchling slithering through my fingers, it's some how a theraputic feel call me barking but it has that effect, my wee hatchling is now a few days shy of 4 months old.
Mamma Posted - 05/05/2011 : 21:05:40
awesome!
Oh How Original Posted - 05/05/2011 : 20:59:58
Ahhh, loved holding mine for the first time, great feeling.
What snake is it you have? :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000