Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kabigat
Egg

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  20:47:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just held my snake for the first time.
Wow!
Didn't want to put him down but have only had him just a week so didn't want to over do it although he seemed quite happy.

Oh How Original
Yearling

United Kingdom
591 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  20:59:58  Show Profile  Click to see Oh How Original's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ahhh, loved holding mine for the first time, great feeling.
What snake is it you have? :)

When on the Forums, always be nice, stick to the rules and help when you can.
1.0.0 Normal Royal - Ronald.
1.0.0 Carpet Python - Magic.
1.0.0 Amel Corn - Pendulum.
1.0.0 Anery Corn - Chilli.
0.1.0 Snow Corn - Wormsle.
0.1.0 California King x Mexican Black - Lucy.
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko - Bear.
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  21:05:40  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
awesome!

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  21:37:49  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I actually love the feel of my ickle hatchling slithering through my fingers, it's some how a theraputic feel call me barking but it has that effect, my wee hatchling is now a few days shy of 4 months old.

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  21:47:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I spend about an hour a day, spot checking, changing water and handling each of my three, after a full day at work and walking, feeding dogs, cooking dinner etc its lovely to just sit on the floor infront of the vivariums and just handle them. It is therapeutic.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  21:56:21  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think it is really relaxing as well. The problem is you completely lose track of time while you are handling and nothing else gets done

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  22:01:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Absolutely, though my corn snake is happy to just wrap round my arm and go along for any little jobs that need doing.

If someone would have said to me 'you'll enjoy cleaning out cages' I'd have laughed and said not likely or something along those lines but I do, making sure its all immaculately clean and then putting everything back in all nice, then you get to sit for ages just watching them spinning round checking everything out.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

animalcrazy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  22:06:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
agree love handling and watching them. Colin went in to his viv after a short time out this evening had a long drink from his water bowl while still half wrapped round my hand, fascinated watching him, so delicate.

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  10:34:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its amazing isn't it. I go into my own little world when I'm holding mine,just looking at their marking,how the light catches their scales and watching their muscles working.
My mum,who was wary of snakes now really enjoys handling mine and always mentions how relaxing it is. I never thought I'd hear my mum say something like that!

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

boswell3782
Hatchling

United Kingdom
114 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  17:45:23  Show Profile  Click to see boswell3782's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I got bit the first time I held mine :( tis' all good now
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000