The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Fauns

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ailsa Posted - 28/04/2011 : 10:39:47
I was wondering if I can sit 2nd snake faun on top of Dakota's faun? The heat mat wont be in direct contact as there will be 2 cork mats, then a folded bit of tin foil, then heat mat and faun sitting on top of that. I know it will mean fafffing when I want to take out snake in bottom faun but could it be ok in mean time?
Can you do that or is it a daft idea? Don't have space for snakes sorted out at the moment, Dakota's faun is sitting on a fold down table at present lol
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 30/04/2011 : 17:23:29
Not even kicking my cat in the bottom and making it fly down the stairs taught one of mine not to paw at RUBs :( The other cats know but there's always one that will push it's luck if your not about. I have tried to teach him with but he doesn't get it. It has resulted in my bedroom door being closed when not home, and when I am home, only trusted cats are allowed in my room and hitler gets it if he comes anywehere near. The other cats do not bother at all though.
Ailsa Posted - 30/04/2011 : 12:36:00
Spreebok I am the same with my 2 cats, have been ever since i got them at 12 weeks old, both of mine are not in the slightest bothered about snake faun but they get a good telling off if they even try going near it!
Spreebok Posted - 30/04/2011 : 12:31:38
I weigh my fauns down so the cat (I have two, but one isn't bothered by them) cant push them off. He also gets a good ticking off if he's anywhere near them!
Ailsa Posted - 30/04/2011 : 12:29:09
Viv only people who do not bother to train and discipline their cats run the risk of a faun being knocked over and my faun is not light as snakie has stones to slither all around and over, plus it is out of the way in a corner.
vivtastic Posted - 30/04/2011 : 12:24:56
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

quote:
Originally posted by vivtastic

[quote]Originally posted by Louise32

I had 2 kittens when I first got Nimbus. I walked in the front room after being in the kitchen for 5 mins, and both kittens were sat ontop of the faun looking through the plastic window on the top!

It would really concern me that any cats are around snakes in lightweight containers, the reality is you cannot surpress cats instincs and you cannot keep an eye on them all the time, possibly an accident waiting to happen?.

Kindest regards

Vivtastic

Was that aimed at me?

I don't own the cats now and trust me, that was the one and only time it happened. They were not let into the same room as the snakes after that. I was pointing out what can happen.

It was aimed at you, but it was equally aimed at anyone who keeps cats or any animail capable of knocking over light containers in which snakes are housed. Does not make sense to me.

Regards

Vivtastic
Invalid User Posted - 29/04/2011 : 11:57:29
quote:
Originally posted by Red123

Did you find a new home for the kittens after that incident Louise?

I did but not because of that. One of my dogs decided he no longer liked the kittens and I was really worried for their saftey

I tried to keep them apart but it was impossible and I would have been devestated if anything bad had happened. They both went to a lovely new home.
Ailsa Posted - 29/04/2011 : 09:28:41
Vivtastic, my 2 cats have not shown the slightest bit of interest in my snake let alone try to jump up on the faun, they know better than to do that anyway, my cats is one thing i dont have to worry about as the are far more concerned with eating, sleeping, laying in the sun and trying to kill each other in play fights.
Red123 Posted - 29/04/2011 : 07:55:55
Did you find a new home for the kittens after that incident Louise?
Invalid User Posted - 29/04/2011 : 00:22:35
quote:
Originally posted by vivtastic

I had 2 kittens when I first got Nimbus. I walked in the front room after being in the kitchen for 5 mins, and both kittens were sat ontop of the faun looking through the plastic window on the top!

It would really concern me that any cats are around snakes in lightweight containers, the reality is you cannot surpress cats instincs and you cannot keep an eye on them all the time, possibly an accident waiting to happen?.

Kindest regards

Vivtastic

Was that aimed at me?

I don't own the cats now and trust me, that was the one and only time it happened. They were not let into the same room as the snakes after that. I was pointing out what can happen.
vivtastic Posted - 29/04/2011 : 00:21:13

Kindest regards

Vivtastic
Laws Posted - 28/04/2011 : 16:09:24
I don't think its a good idea , along with the sliding off etc , would be a nite mare trying to get to the bottom one all the time . Ours are sat next to each other with one mat stat and one mat and its perfect for now . I don't think anyone was calling u stupid or inexperienced , just pointing out what u asked using other peoples experiences , after all that's what keeping snakes is about , learning as we go and gettin more experienced . The bookcase idea sounds fab and on two tables in the corner wud be fine too :)
a33272 Posted - 28/04/2011 : 12:31:36
it was not tarring with the same brush, it was using previous users experiances to advice of what can sometimes happen, after all thats the whole idea of being on here right, to gain from peoples experiance
Ailsa Posted - 28/04/2011 : 12:02:37
Chris i know what you said, a little blunt and possibly tarring me with the same brush as some of the people on here who do some stupid things, im just not one of those people i take good advice, use it and stick by it, weeks ago i knew nothing about correctly caring for a snake, now i've learned a vast amount just from reading threads on this site and absorbing all the info
a33272 Posted - 28/04/2011 : 11:43:56
Alisa were advicing from expericance an past threads of people in similer situations asking an having done the same things, NOT becuase ya inexperianced or anything like that. all weve said is what could and has happened to people in the past take from it what u will were just helping u make the right decissions.

sorry if u toke what i said to heart it wasnt ment to me
Ailsa Posted - 28/04/2011 : 11:41:23
No my cats know better than to jump on tables, only place they jump up on is part of kitchen work top i don't use for food prep, they like it as the sun belts in on it but no they are well behaved cats and know what they are not allowed on and they only tend to knock my candle holders of bathroom window ledge
Invalid User Posted - 28/04/2011 : 11:38:03

gingerpony Posted - 28/04/2011 : 11:36:10
my cats are always knocking things off/over

one of them even fell in the bath the other day i did lmfao
Invalid User Posted - 28/04/2011 : 11:32:43
Do your cats not jump up on the tables?
Ailsa Posted - 28/04/2011 : 11:31:34
I will move up to a rub when needs be, it is after all a beginners faun I have - beginner meaning having NEVER owned a snake before and just learning and since i am the only adult in the house should i have decided to go and do that id have been very careful. However, 2 folding tables set up in corner will sufice in the mean time, thank you.
a33272 Posted - 28/04/2011 : 11:21:35
i never said u were in experienced or anything of the sort ailsa, but u did say 'it's in a corner out of the way and no kids running around to knock anything' adults are just as likey to knock or bump it as kids! to often we hear of people havin fauns knocked an the lids get dislodged this is why people tent to use rubs more now an they lids are locked on

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000