The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Stimulation

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ailsa Posted - 26/04/2011 : 14:01:24
I've read it is a good idea to shuffle things around in snakes faun/viv from time to time to give extra stimulation, for them to explore and investigate etc etc, do any of you guys do this?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 26/04/2011 : 18:40:17
I do some shuffling between the vivs, normally the climbing stuff not the hides though as some hides would be too big for some snakes and versa! I recently cleaned my snakes out and since Ozzy is out of quarenteen I put his climbing rock in Venoms viv, Venom had a right good smell lol! And Ozzy got Chars rat table and he loved sniffing it so much! I also find sparying the hides and leaves with diecenfant makes them go round all sniffy and exploring XD
lotabob Posted - 26/04/2011 : 16:20:28
I hide tunnels of half cardboard tubes under the substrate (Spots favourite) or throw in toilet rolls every now and again, There isn't a vast amount of shuffling I can do but I move the vines so they fall a different way or turn the hides or create secret entrances and just generally give them stuff to explore. Well I do this for the corn and Boa, the Royal couldn't care so long as he is hidden.
Invalid User Posted - 26/04/2011 : 15:46:00
Yup, everytime I clean them out each week or spot clean I just swap their hides around, move the plants a bit and chuck in new stuff.

Have to say when I saw the title I thought this was a rude spam thread!
Kehhlyr Posted - 26/04/2011 : 14:47:36
Yup, I add things in, take stuff away or just have a general shuffle in there.
Once I've done that there's the chance I've left new escape routes as well, so lots more exploring to do again.
Spreebok Posted - 26/04/2011 : 14:43:19
Can never be a bad thing, I personally shuffle a bit every time I clean the fauns out :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000