Stimulation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2011 :  14:01:24  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've read it is a good idea to shuffle things around in snakes faun/viv from time to time to give extra stimulation, for them to explore and investigate etc etc, do any of you guys do this?

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2011 :  14:43:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can never be a bad thing, I personally shuffle a bit every time I clean the fauns out :)
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2011 :  14:47:36  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yup, I add things in, take stuff away or just have a general shuffle in there.
Once I've done that there's the chance I've left new escape routes as well, so lots more exploring to do again.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2011 :  15:46:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup, everytime I clean them out each week or spot clean I just swap their hides around, move the plants a bit and chuck in new stuff.

Have to say when I saw the title I thought this was a rude spam thread!
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2011 :  16:20:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hide tunnels of half cardboard tubes under the substrate (Spots favourite) or throw in toilet rolls every now and again, There isn't a vast amount of shuffling I can do but I move the vines so they fall a different way or turn the hides or create secret entrances and just generally give them stuff to explore. Well I do this for the corn and Boa, the Royal couldn't care so long as he is hidden.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2011 :  18:40:17  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I do some shuffling between the vivs, normally the climbing stuff not the hides though as some hides would be too big for some snakes and versa! I recently cleaned my snakes out and since Ozzy is out of quarenteen I put his climbing rock in Venoms viv, Venom had a right good smell lol! And Ozzy got Chars rat table and he loved sniffing it so much! I also find sparying the hides and leaves with diecenfant makes them go round all sniffy and exploring XD

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000