The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Daft Question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ailsa Posted - 10/04/2011 : 14:53:49
You'll all laugh at me for this but am asking anyway. Do household noises like the TV, music or hoovering bother snakes while they are settling into their new home?

Brought Dakota home last night , she had piece and quiet in there for the first day and this afternoon I decided to move her into my living room, which will need hoovering in next few days but am worried this will scare her ?

You can stop laughing at me now lol
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Red123 Posted - 13/04/2011 : 11:58:38
No he is not a soap fan, he is a typical bloke, loves football and watching Michael Mcintyre lol :)
gingerpony Posted - 13/04/2011 : 08:16:41
it's prolly the movement on the screen that's catching his eye and his attention.......i don't think they particularly follow Enders
Red123 Posted - 12/04/2011 : 18:18:26
All of my snakes live in the living room and their vivs/faunariums are opposite the t.v. Keith is obsessed by the t.v. Every evening he is out with his head at thye front of his faunarium and he appears to be watching t.v (I know go on laugh) But when we have him out he is the same always turns so his head faces the t.v and appears to watch it. I also have one, Sid, that likes the hoover he comes out of his hide and watches. Funny little creatures really lol.
eeji Posted - 12/04/2011 : 17:44:09
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

There is only 1 daft snake question and its 'how many legs does a snake have?'

six?
Sammysnake Posted - 12/04/2011 : 08:13:15
Mine are not bothered by the hoover but as soon as I start typing Saracen comes out to have a nosey at what I'm doing. He's watching me now!!
Strawb Posted - 10/04/2011 : 20:50:46
I hoover in the office where the snakes are, and they aren't bothered by it.
I also play drums, although not in the office. They're set up at the opposite end of the house and it has had no effects on the snakes. I must be getting better.
lotabob Posted - 10/04/2011 : 16:12:04
There is only 1 daft snake question and its 'how many legs does a snake have?' Everything else is legitimate.

My Royal doesn't like the TV, won't come out to play until its switched off though its more the light than the noise. When I put music on Spot is out like a shot to investigate. Hoovering bothers nobody but the dog, he is scared witless of the hoover, if I want to keep him out of a room I'll put the hoover in the doorway.
gingerpony Posted - 10/04/2011 : 15:21:12
lol it IS a fair point snakes don't have an external ear but do have an internal ear and are sensitive to vibrations such as you'd get from telly or music speakers or hoovering

some individuals are more sensitive or upset by these things, others don't really seem to be bothered but i'd try to avoid putting the viv next to or on the same surface as a speaker or infront of one either
i see hoovering as a neccessary evil to be done as infrequently and as quickly as possible so unless you're a hoover-addict i'm sure dakota will cope lol

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000