Daft Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  14:53:49  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You'll all laugh at me for this but am asking anyway. Do household noises like the TV, music or hoovering bother snakes while they are settling into their new home?

Brought Dakota home last night , she had piece and quiet in there for the first day and this afternoon I decided to move her into my living room, which will need hoovering in next few days but am worried this will scare her ?

You can stop laughing at me now lol

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  15:21:12  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol it IS a fair point snakes don't have an external ear but do have an internal ear and are sensitive to vibrations such as you'd get from telly or music speakers or hoovering

some individuals are more sensitive or upset by these things, others don't really seem to be bothered but i'd try to avoid putting the viv next to or on the same surface as a speaker or infront of one either
i see hoovering as a neccessary evil to be done as infrequently and as quickly as possible so unless you're a hoover-addict i'm sure dakota will cope lol

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  16:12:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is only 1 daft snake question and its 'how many legs does a snake have?' Everything else is legitimate.

My Royal doesn't like the TV, won't come out to play until its switched off though its more the light than the noise. When I put music on Spot is out like a shot to investigate. Hoovering bothers nobody but the dog, he is scared witless of the hoover, if I want to keep him out of a room I'll put the hoover in the doorway.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Strawb
Egg

Germany
50 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  20:50:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hoover in the office where the snakes are, and they aren't bothered by it.
I also play drums, although not in the office. They're set up at the opposite end of the house and it has had no effects on the snakes. I must be getting better.
Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  08:13:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine are not bothered by the hoover but as soon as I start typing Saracen comes out to have a nosey at what I'm doing. He's watching me now!!

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  17:44:09  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

There is only 1 daft snake question and its 'how many legs does a snake have?'

six?

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  18:18:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All of my snakes live in the living room and their vivs/faunariums are opposite the t.v. Keith is obsessed by the t.v. Every evening he is out with his head at thye front of his faunarium and he appears to be watching t.v (I know go on laugh) But when we have him out he is the same always turns so his head faces the t.v and appears to watch it. I also have one, Sid, that likes the hoover he comes out of his hide and watches. Funny little creatures really lol.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2011 :  08:16:41  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
it's prolly the movement on the screen that's catching his eye and his attention.......i don't think they particularly follow Enders

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2011 :  11:58:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No he is not a soap fan, he is a typical bloke, loves football and watching Michael Mcintyre lol :)

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000