The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 First Constrict!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Newbie Posted - 09/04/2011 : 10:26:43
Its been a month of 1st for Vin, with his first strike, first shed (with me) and first constrict last night! It was a proper job to, he struck at the pinkie and wrapped himself round it so completely he rolled across the faun like a little snakey tumbleweed!

So wish I'd had a camera but he's always been a shy feeder and things distract him easily...up till now that is! A couple of weeks ago wiggling a mouse at him would've had him running off to hide, now he'll snatch and eat with me peering in. Success!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
herriotfan Posted - 10/04/2011 : 19:27:43
Thumbs up!!
Laws Posted - 10/04/2011 : 16:22:51
Kodi won't strike , but wen I dangled it for kai , he slowly moved his head then boom really fast and really strong . He then proseeded to kill it for ten mins before eating , the tail was still in the forcepts it was so strong , I was smiling like a loon lol x
gingerpony Posted - 09/04/2011 : 21:10:06
congrats!
must be something in the air...........
my adult male Dum made me jump earlier as it's the first time he's actually struck at the rat! i was gobsmacked lol i usually have to leave it in his viv for 2 days!!
Newbie Posted - 09/04/2011 : 19:51:25
quote:
Originally posted by Laws

we have to take our three to a rep shop later in the year for three weeks and im already stressing lol ! we had a strong strike form kai last nite , so much so i still had the fluff tail in the forceps!

I know how you feel! I know they're probably very competant but no matter how big he gets he'll always be my little baby lol
Laws Posted - 09/04/2011 : 13:19:25
we have to take our three to a rep shop later in the year for three weeks and im already stressing lol ! we had a strong strike form kai last nite , so much so i still had the fluff tail in the forceps!

***sig removed - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15428 for more info***
Newbie Posted - 09/04/2011 : 11:30:42
Awww thanks, just so pleased because I'm working abroad for a month in May and he's going to a reptile shop to be looked after (my OH is away to and my family is annoyingly anti-snake) & he was such a shy boy I was worried he'd be put off eating. He's going in his own faun to reduce stress and the people seem really nice, but you just can't help but worry can you lol
Mort13 Posted - 09/04/2011 : 11:07:40
Yay,go Vin! That sounds brill. Think you'll have to start getting that camera out now he's such a little foodie.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000