The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Newbie Dilema

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ailsa Posted - 31/03/2011 : 21:54:02
Ok I've a wee dilema, been to Serpentus Exotics for my starter kit and been told they can source the morph I want (bloodred) and also, keeping my options open, had an email from a chap on here who will be producing bloodreds this year, he has a clutch in the incubator and said they will be ready in about a month, also kindly he offered pick of the clutch since I was the first to ask, very kind man.

Ok what should I do, go with Serpentus or the breeder I found on here?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ailsa Posted - 01/04/2011 : 12:05:02
Think I will just stick with Serpentus, they seem to be the best place for a first time snake owner.
vivtastic Posted - 01/04/2011 : 11:22:47
Ailsa 888 Reptiles have some CB10 Bloodreds in Tuesday or Wednesday next week, they are £59.94 plus £29.99 delivery to Scotland. They offer 30 days insurance on all purchases for piece of mind. I dont think this is a bad price and they seem to have a good reputation.

Regards

Vivtastic
Mamma Posted - 01/04/2011 : 11:17:18
stapey.... i want Ozzy
Sta~ple Posted - 01/04/2011 : 10:27:52
Alisa, did the shop kinda get a quote for you on how much it would cost them to get a bloodred for you? Shops need to cover what they ay for the snake, delivery charges and then whack on loads of money to get a profit. Either way getting a bloodred in Scottland maybe expensive unless there is one up there aleady.

Not to slag off shops but sometimes they don not know the morph of the sake, even if they are reptile experts. They have so much going on in the shop that it's just *_* at least with a breeder you know you will get a blood red for defintate. If you have anyone else who wants a corn you could share delivery charges.

I know gmac is up in Scottland and is having some babies this year, it might be worth talking to him. I cannot remember for the life of me what he's expecting apart from yellow ones but he might be expecting some red ones lol. I think he said he was expecting diffused which is nearly a blood red.
Mamma Posted - 01/04/2011 : 09:56:41
Im not allowed another one just now which is a shame because if I was I would have went halfs with you on the courier, being that we are not that far from eachother. His snakes always look beautiful.
weasle1uk Posted - 01/04/2011 : 08:12:24
what if a member was collecting one for there self. could you not get them to collect yours and get a courier to collect from them (not sure if it would make it cheaper but worth a try)
Invalid User Posted - 01/04/2011 : 07:32:09
quote:
Originally posted by Ailsa

True but can't find a courier for less than £75 - to deliver up to Scotland, on top of cost of snake.

That's a shame. Courier costs do add alot on but in my case, because I had 4 snakes delivered to me it was well worth it.
vivtastic Posted - 01/04/2011 : 01:43:56
quote:

True but can't find a courier for less than £75 - to deliver up to Scotland, on top of cost of snake.

I looked into this in some depth and as you say the price of couriers up to Scotland is very expensive. i suppose if you really wanted to buy from the breeder you mention then you could start a thread on here to see if someone else wanted to buy from him that lived near you, that way you might be able to do something with spliting the courier costs. What was the difference in price between Serpentus and the this breeder?. It is really frustrating as so often i saw great snakes for sale but the courier charges made it unrealistic to purchase.

Regards

Vivtastic
Ailsa Posted - 31/03/2011 : 23:24:53
I cannot afford the cost of that much fuel for a road trip and before anyone says how you gonna afford vet costs - I plan on adding my new corn to my pet insurance.
lotabob Posted - 31/03/2011 : 23:21:55
Road trip!
Ailsa Posted - 31/03/2011 : 23:19:54
lotabob Posted - 31/03/2011 : 23:15:08
quote:

Been looking into reptile couriers, think it would cost me too much ;(

Sometimes the additional cost is worth paying for a top notch snake.
lotabob Posted - 31/03/2011 : 23:13:54
quote:
Originally posted by sandraandperry@hotmail.co

Hi, we bought a corn snake for our son who is 7 years old. Allwe were told is that we had to feed it pinky's once a week. It has doubled in size and shed twice since early January when we got her.But we are not sure if we should increase the pinky's to two a week or the size of the food? She seems happy and has plenty of energy but we just want to make sure?

If you start a new thread you'll get more response. There is a guide on the care sheet as to the snake size to mouse size ratio. Basically the mouse at its thickest point should be 1.5 times the thickness of the snake at its thickest point, if its doubled in size its unlikely to still need pinkies but it depends on how small it was when you got it.
Ailsa Posted - 31/03/2011 : 23:09:47
Been looking into reptile couriers, think it would cost me too much ;(
Mort13 Posted - 31/03/2011 : 22:33:08
Is the pinkie leaving much of a lump?
sandraandperry@hotmail.co Posted - 31/03/2011 : 22:27:30
Hi, we bought a corn snake for our son who is 7 years old. Allwe were told is that we had to feed it pinky's once a week. It has doubled in size and shed twice since early January when we got her.But we are not sure if we should increase the pinky's to two a week or the size of the food? She seems happy and has plenty of energy but we just want to make sure?
Mort13 Posted - 31/03/2011 : 22:25:24
If it was me I'd go for Jamies snake,he really knows his stuff and his snakes are lush.
Ailsa Posted - 31/03/2011 : 22:07:38
Really £35 for a courier, that may be a bit too much for me on top of cost of snake.
lotabob Posted - 31/03/2011 : 22:07:30
His pictures are ALWAYS awesome too, some seriously beautiful snakes. (I'm not on commission or anything).
Invalid User Posted - 31/03/2011 : 22:03:43
I can highly recommend Jamies corns.

A courier down to me in Surrey was only £35 which was well worth it as I had 4 snakes from him.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000