Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  21:54:02  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok I've a wee dilema, been to Serpentus Exotics for my starter kit and been told they can source the morph I want (bloodred) and also, keeping my options open, had an email from a chap on here who will be producing bloodreds this year, he has a clutch in the incubator and said they will be ready in about a month, also kindly he offered pick of the clutch since I was the first to ask, very kind man.

Ok what should I do, go with Serpentus or the breeder I found on here?

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  21:58:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would go with the breeder and the pick of a clutch. The shop will source you one but they will basically get what they are given. You get to choose the little guy or girl you take home with the breeder.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  22:01:23  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Only thing is the breeder is Jamie@cymru-corns.com, way down in Leicester and I'm up in Central Scotland

Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  22:03:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can highly recommend Jamies corns.

A courier down to me in Surrey was only £35 which was well worth it as I had 4 snakes from him.
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  22:07:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
His pictures are ALWAYS awesome too, some seriously beautiful snakes. (I'm not on commission or anything).

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  22:07:38  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Really £35 for a courier, that may be a bit too much for me on top of cost of snake.

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  22:25:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it was me I'd go for Jamies snake,he really knows his stuff and his snakes are lush.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

sandraandperry@hotmail.co
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  22:27:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, we bought a corn snake for our son who is 7 years old. Allwe were told is that we had to feed it pinky's once a week. It has doubled in size and shed twice since early January when we got her.But we are not sure if we should increase the pinky's to two a week or the size of the food? She seems happy and has plenty of energy but we just want to make sure?
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  22:33:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is the pinkie leaving much of a lump?

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  23:09:47  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Been looking into reptile couriers, think it would cost me too much ;(

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  23:13:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sandraandperry@hotmail.co

Hi, we bought a corn snake for our son who is 7 years old. Allwe were told is that we had to feed it pinky's once a week. It has doubled in size and shed twice since early January when we got her.But we are not sure if we should increase the pinky's to two a week or the size of the food? She seems happy and has plenty of energy but we just want to make sure?

If you start a new thread you'll get more response. There is a guide on the care sheet as to the snake size to mouse size ratio. Basically the mouse at its thickest point should be 1.5 times the thickness of the snake at its thickest point, if its doubled in size its unlikely to still need pinkies but it depends on how small it was when you got it.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  23:15:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ailsa

Been looking into reptile couriers, think it would cost me too much ;(

Sometimes the additional cost is worth paying for a top notch snake.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  23:19:54  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
True but can't find a courier for less than £75 - to deliver up to Scotland, on top of cost of snake.

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  23:21:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Road trip!

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  23:24:53  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I cannot afford the cost of that much fuel for a road trip and before anyone says how you gonna afford vet costs - I plan on adding my new corn to my pet insurance.

Go to Top of Page

vivtastic
50% Warning

76 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  01:43:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

True but can't find a courier for less than £75 - to deliver up to Scotland, on top of cost of snake.

I looked into this in some depth and as you say the price of couriers up to Scotland is very expensive. i suppose if you really wanted to buy from the breeder you mention then you could start a thread on here to see if someone else wanted to buy from him that lived near you, that way you might be able to do something with spliting the courier costs. What was the difference in price between Serpentus and the this breeder?. It is really frustrating as so often i saw great snakes for sale but the courier charges made it unrealistic to purchase.

Regards

Vivtastic
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  07:32:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

That's a shame. Courier costs do add alot on but in my case, because I had 4 snakes delivered to me it was well worth it.
Go to Top of Page

weasle1uk
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  08:12:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what if a member was collecting one for there self. could you not get them to collect yours and get a courier to collect from them (not sure if it would make it cheaper but worth a try)
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  09:56:41  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Im not allowed another one just now which is a shame because if I was I would have went halfs with you on the courier, being that we are not that far from eachother. His snakes always look beautiful.

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  10:27:52  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Alisa, did the shop kinda get a quote for you on how much it would cost them to get a bloodred for you? Shops need to cover what they ay for the snake, delivery charges and then whack on loads of money to get a profit. Either way getting a bloodred in Scottland maybe expensive unless there is one up there aleady.

Not to slag off shops but sometimes they don not know the morph of the sake, even if they are reptile experts. They have so much going on in the shop that it's just *_* at least with a breeder you know you will get a blood red for defintate. If you have anyone else who wants a corn you could share delivery charges.

I know gmac is up in Scottland and is having some babies this year, it might be worth talking to him. I cannot remember for the life of me what he's expecting apart from yellow ones but he might be expecting some red ones lol. I think he said he was expecting diffused which is nearly a blood red.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  11:17:18  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
stapey.... i want Ozzy

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000