The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Forced to log in ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mnementh Posted - 25/03/2011 : 17:31:12
Heyup

Can I ask why we are now forced to log in , tried earlier today to browse the site and it said I had to log in , of course I was elsewhere and do not carry my little black book of passwords so had to wait until I came home , thinking it was some computer glitch .

So this means no one can browse the site now withhout having to register and log in ?

On the welcome screen it still says "although you can read posts without the need to register." seems thats wrong too , unless its just me for some reason .

I hope this is not the case , I'm that lazy whenever I'm sent to a site to look at a post or pics and it says you need to register first , I just close that page , I only want to register with who I want to register with and not be forced to up their member list .

Cheers .
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 27/03/2011 : 12:23:13
My only worry is that anyone new to corns or considering keeping one may miss out on the information and help on here.
This site was invaluable to me before I got Loki,as anything I put into google usually led to info on here. It was after seeing the great advice and how friendly it was that I joined. If I'd had to register I would have missed out I think as being new to computers etc I wouldn't have done it.
I didn't even know what a forum was lol!
Katie.Dublin Posted - 27/03/2011 : 10:21:14
Haha we all automatically think the worst of you Mike!
mikerichards Posted - 27/03/2011 : 02:00:00
practical fishkeeping forum! nothing rude!
kdlang Posted - 26/03/2011 : 22:30:55
I for one welcome the change if it reduces the amount of spammers. There have been far too many lately. I thought it had something to do with the original drama llama at first as it seemed to get worse when he joined.

I usually sign in whenever I want to browse as it means i can jump straight to the active topics and stick a post in when I want.I don't have a problem remembering passwords of sites I use often.

I wondered what PFK was too. Thought i was being dense lol
Kehhlyr Posted - 26/03/2011 : 21:51:12
If it's rude, email me as well.

Although Louise was right, it is Practical Fish Keeping
gingerpony Posted - 26/03/2011 : 21:42:57
ok, if it's rude, email me, don't post it on here lol
Invalid User Posted - 26/03/2011 : 21:29:59
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

i forgot my password on PFK!!!

*having a blonde moment*

mike, what's PFK??

Fish keeping forum?
gingerpony Posted - 26/03/2011 : 21:24:40
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

*having a blonde moment*

mike, what's PFK??
gingerpony Posted - 26/03/2011 : 21:23:16
quote:
Originally posted by Mnementh

I don't intend to carry passwords etc out of the house to be able to just browse a site

i'm another one that goes down the tradional route of using my brain....

how on earth do you get money out of a cash machine? or pay for anything on your cards using chip & pin?

or if numbers are acceptable put words aren't then i'm sure your forum password could be numerical............?
Sta~ple Posted - 26/03/2011 : 19:54:16
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

You did used to be able to browse the forum without signing up, but it's evidently been changed.
I know that Lewy was thinking abou tmaking changes to the forum, this could be one of them.
We have so many idiots and spammers appearing, it just makes it easier to control them.

So long and thanks for all the fish ....

Sorry couldn't resist!

I don't like it but if it helps cut down on spammers the that's great and fully support it. All my forum passwords are the same, it's only the important stuff that has different passwords!
Kehhlyr Posted - 26/03/2011 : 19:25:53
Spammers can't harvest email addresses without registering.
Means that the forum could have blacklisted IP address updates of known spammers which would stop them from both harvesting email addresses and/or signing up to spam.
mikerichards Posted - 26/03/2011 : 14:10:45
mikerichards Posted - 26/03/2011 : 14:05:12
quote:

quote:

You did used to be able to browse the forum without signing up, but it's evidently been changed.
I know that Lewy was thinking abou tmaking changes to the forum, this could be one of them.
We have so many idiots and spammers appearing, it just makes it easier to control them.

I dont understand how it's easier to control , to be an idiot or a spammer you have to register . so register before this change to spam , register after the change to spam , same thing . Now it just makes it harder for members to even browse without having to log in .

I just dont like it , but thats me , I don't intend to carry passwords etc out of the house to be able to just browse a site .

so , on that note and in the words of Douglas Adams .

I carry mine in my brain, makes life so much more simple!
I am a member on 14 or so forums, i remember every single password!
Mnementh Posted - 26/03/2011 : 13:21:01
quote:

I dont understand how it's easier to control , to be an idiot or a spammer you have to register . so register before this change to spam , register after the change to spam , same thing . Now it just makes it harder for members to even browse without having to log in .

I just dont like it , but thats me , I don't intend to carry passwords etc out of the house to be able to just browse a site .

so , on that note and in the words of Douglas Adams .

Kehhlyr Posted - 25/03/2011 : 21:35:18
a33272 Posted - 25/03/2011 : 20:59:55
I usually view as a guest when at work without problems but I just refreshed Page as I normally do I was taken straight to a login page so something has changed
Newbie Posted - 25/03/2011 : 19:52:06
I wondered to!
Figs Posted - 25/03/2011 : 19:42:14
Ditto, this is what i got on my mums computer today
Never seen that before

Mnementh Posted - 25/03/2011 : 19:24:41
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

if a browser is set up to clear its cookies when it closes you will need to log in every time.

Yeah my cookies are cleared every day . But I have always been able to browse the site without logging in , this since I have been a member , today has been different , I have had to log in just to browse .
Mnementh Posted - 25/03/2011 : 19:22:32
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

or you can browse the site as a guest but certain features eg. the search, won't be available

Ahh , this is what I'm talking about . For some reason on different computers today , I have been forced to log in to even browse the site . Exactly what my first post says , I had hoped :)

So there is something up somewhere .

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000