Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mnementh
Yearling

United Kingdom
537 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  17:31:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heyup

Can I ask why we are now forced to log in , tried earlier today to browse the site and it said I had to log in , of course I was elsewhere and do not carry my little black book of passwords so had to wait until I came home , thinking it was some computer glitch .

So this means no one can browse the site now withhout having to register and log in ?

On the welcome screen it still says "although you can read posts without the need to register." seems thats wrong too , unless its just me for some reason .

I hope this is not the case , I'm that lazy whenever I'm sent to a site to look at a post or pics and it says you need to register first , I just close that page , I only want to register with who I want to register with and not be forced to up their member list .

Cheers .

One last jump , that's all we have to take Holth .
Wearily the old queen gathered heself to spring ;
Moreta gratefully began her litany .
Black , blacker , blackest -
They went between .

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  19:02:34  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
we're not now forced to login every time............
you can either tick the box to remember you so you don't have to enter your login details or you can browse the site as a guest but certain features eg. the search, won't be available

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  19:10:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just stay logged in and it remembers my password. Simples.
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  19:13:04  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if a browser is set up to clear its cookies when it closes you will need to log in every time.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Mnementh
Yearling

United Kingdom
537 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  19:22:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

or you can browse the site as a guest but certain features eg. the search, won't be available

Ahh , this is what I'm talking about . For some reason on different computers today , I have been forced to log in to even browse the site . Exactly what my first post says , I had hoped :)

So there is something up somewhere .

They went between .
Go to Top of Page

Mnementh
Yearling

United Kingdom
537 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  19:24:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

if a browser is set up to clear its cookies when it closes you will need to log in every time.

Yeah my cookies are cleared every day . But I have always been able to browse the site without logging in , this since I have been a member , today has been different , I have had to log in just to browse .

They went between .
Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  19:42:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ditto, this is what i got on my mums computer today
Never seen that before

Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  19:52:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wondered to!

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  20:59:55  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I usually view as a guest when at work without problems but I just refreshed Page as I normally do I was taken straight to a login page so something has changed

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  21:35:18  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You did used to be able to browse the forum without signing up, but it's evidently been changed.
I know that Lewy was thinking abou tmaking changes to the forum, this could be one of them.
We have so many idiots and spammers appearing, it just makes it easier to control them.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Mnementh
Yearling

United Kingdom
537 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2011 :  13:21:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

You did used to be able to browse the forum without signing up, but it's evidently been changed.
I know that Lewy was thinking abou tmaking changes to the forum, this could be one of them.
We have so many idiots and spammers appearing, it just makes it easier to control them.

I dont understand how it's easier to control , to be an idiot or a spammer you have to register . so register before this change to spam , register after the change to spam , same thing . Now it just makes it harder for members to even browse without having to log in .

I just dont like it , but thats me , I don't intend to carry passwords etc out of the house to be able to just browse a site .

so , on that note and in the words of Douglas Adams .

So long and thanks for all the fish ....

They went between .
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2011 :  14:05:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mnementh

quote:

I dont understand how it's easier to control , to be an idiot or a spammer you have to register . so register before this change to spam , register after the change to spam , same thing . Now it just makes it harder for members to even browse without having to log in .

I just dont like it , but thats me , I don't intend to carry passwords etc out of the house to be able to just browse a site .

so , on that note and in the words of Douglas Adams .

I carry mine in my brain, makes life so much more simple!
I am a member on 14 or so forums, i remember every single password!

Edited by - mikerichards on 26/03/2011 14:05:41
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2011 :  14:10:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i forgot my password on PFK!!!

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2011 :  19:25:53  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Spammers can't harvest email addresses without registering.
Means that the forum could have blacklisted IP address updates of known spammers which would stop them from both harvesting email addresses and/or signing up to spam.

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2011 :  19:54:16  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Sorry couldn't resist!

I don't like it but if it helps cut down on spammers the that's great and fully support it. All my forum passwords are the same, it's only the important stuff that has different passwords!

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2011 :  21:23:16  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

I don't intend to carry passwords etc out of the house to be able to just browse a site

i'm another one that goes down the tradional route of using my brain....

how on earth do you get money out of a cash machine? or pay for anything on your cards using chip & pin?

or if numbers are acceptable put words aren't then i'm sure your forum password could be numerical............?

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2011 :  21:24:40  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

*having a blonde moment*

mike, what's PFK??

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2011 :  21:29:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

*having a blonde moment*

mike, what's PFK??

Fish keeping forum?

Edited by - Invalid User on 26/03/2011 21:30:40
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2011 :  21:42:57  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok, if it's rude, email me, don't post it on here lol

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2011 :  21:51:12  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If it's rude, email me as well.

Although Louise was right, it is Practical Fish Keeping

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2011 :  22:30:55  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I for one welcome the change if it reduces the amount of spammers. There have been far too many lately. I thought it had something to do with the original drama llama at first as it seemed to get worse when he joined.

I usually sign in whenever I want to browse as it means i can jump straight to the active topics and stick a post in when I want.I don't have a problem remembering passwords of sites I use often.

I wondered what PFK was too. Thought i was being dense lol

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000