The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Vivarium locks..

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lucy1012 Posted - 21/03/2011 : 18:56:18
Do viv locks, leave a gap between the glass pannels that a 9 month old corn could get through? i have an LX24 coming but i also have 3 curious children and although i have stressed the importance of not opening the faunarium lid (and they haven't) their is alway that chance they could be tempted to slide the glass door...
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 22/03/2011 : 07:44:04
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

You could always use a lock and still fill any gaps with cardboard or something.

that's what we've done in the past with corns and we've currently got the little IJ set up like that too
the thing i don't like about wedges is that ocassionally when you're pushing the wedge in, the glass at the back moves, leaving a gap for an inquisitive snake to go exploring!
Lucy1012 Posted - 21/03/2011 : 20:51:27
when the viv comes I will go over it with a fine tooth comb first, if I am not entirely sure she will be safe then i will leave her be for a bit. but I am hoping to use her current set up for a new baby in a few months lol
herriotfan Posted - 21/03/2011 : 20:02:46
You could always use a lock and still fill any gaps with cardboard or something. I know it's not the most eye appealing but it's better than an escaped snake. They soon grow so you won't need it for very long.
lotabob Posted - 21/03/2011 : 19:53:07
Just make sure that if there is a gap, its filled, lock or not they are excellent escape artists.
Lucy1012 Posted - 21/03/2011 : 19:47:52
cool thanks, the last thing i want is to prevent the kids from getting in but then cause an escape route for Luna, she would not survive 5 minutes in our house with the cats, although one is frit to death of it and the other is ignorant to it's existence, hopefully that will remain the case lol
lrv2307 Posted - 21/03/2011 : 19:18:21
i use one rubber wedge, enough for me
lotabob Posted - 21/03/2011 : 19:09:17
Yeah mine fit in a gap thats already there
Red123 Posted - 21/03/2011 : 19:03:01
I have a lock on one of mine and it makes no different to the size gap between the two bits of glass it simply stops them from being opened without the key. My 2ft vivs have 6mm glass so there is only like a 2mm gap where as my 3ft viv has 4mm glass and this makes the gap quite large.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000