New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lucy1012
Hatchling

United Kingdom
127 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2011 :  18:56:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do viv locks, leave a gap between the glass pannels that a 9 month old corn could get through? i have an LX24 coming but i also have 3 curious children and although i have stressed the importance of not opening the faunarium lid (and they haven't) their is alway that chance they could be tempted to slide the glass door...

0.0.1 Amel Corn CB10 Luna
1.0.0 Orchid Corn CB08 Mizuki
0.1.0 Hypo Corn CB10 Hala
0.1.0 Normal het lav CB09 Neona
1.2.0 Normal Royals, Jericho, Eclipse and Monday

and various other critters including, 2 dogs, 2 cats, a hamster, a gerbil, 3 fish, 1 husband and 3 daughters :-)

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2011 :  19:03:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a lock on one of mine and it makes no different to the size gap between the two bits of glass it simply stops them from being opened without the key. My 2ft vivs have 6mm glass so there is only like a 2mm gap where as my 3ft viv has 4mm glass and this makes the gap quite large.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2011 :  19:09:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah mine fit in a gap thats already there

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2011 :  19:18:21  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i use one rubber wedge, enough for me

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

Lucy1012
Hatchling

United Kingdom
127 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2011 :  19:47:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cool thanks, the last thing i want is to prevent the kids from getting in but then cause an escape route for Luna, she would not survive 5 minutes in our house with the cats, although one is frit to death of it and the other is ignorant to it's existence, hopefully that will remain the case lol

and various other critters including, 2 dogs, 2 cats, a hamster, a gerbil, 3 fish, 1 husband and 3 daughters :-)
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2011 :  19:53:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just make sure that if there is a gap, its filled, lock or not they are excellent escape artists.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2011 :  20:02:46  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You could always use a lock and still fill any gaps with cardboard or something. I know it's not the most eye appealing but it's better than an escaped snake. They soon grow so you won't need it for very long.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Lucy1012
Hatchling

United Kingdom
127 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2011 :  20:51:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when the viv comes I will go over it with a fine tooth comb first, if I am not entirely sure she will be safe then i will leave her be for a bit. but I am hoping to use her current set up for a new baby in a few months lol

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  07:44:04  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

You could always use a lock and still fill any gaps with cardboard or something.

that's what we've done in the past with corns and we've currently got the little IJ set up like that too
the thing i don't like about wedges is that ocassionally when you're pushing the wedge in, the glass at the back moves, leaving a gap for an inquisitive snake to go exploring!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000