The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Vivarium Stacks

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LynneM_212 Posted - 07/03/2011 : 12:29:13
Hey guys,

Just wanted to see what you guys think on vivarium stacks?? I know quite alot of you have quite a few snakes??

And hopefully in the future i will ... and they seem such a good idea!! They save a lot of space!! and they actually look really cool all on top of each other!!

Also wouldnt the heat mat from the viv above effect the viv below??

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kehhlyr Posted - 09/03/2011 : 08:43:34
quote:
Originally posted by Laws

How would you be able to stack should you have a lamp ? We were thinking of doin this in a few months , but if lamps make a diff to the lower or vice versa what wud we do ? X

Lamps tend to make the floor of the viv above warmer than it should be which can cause regulating temps to be an issue.
I was going to use alumimiun reflectors in my stack for the heat, but after testing found out that the bottom of the viv above gets very warm due to the light.
The only way round this that I worked out was to put an insulating layer between each viv, but for the work involved would've made it easier to still buy individual vivs and just stack on top of each other.
Invalid User Posted - 08/03/2011 : 18:06:23
quote:
Originally posted by LynneM_212

Louise yea i did see thanks, i received my thermostat, set it up did exactly what you said and all is great now :) she even had her first fuzzie last night ...a ww soo proud lol

Brilliant news.

Glad all is going well.

tehbunneh Posted - 08/03/2011 : 13:00:32
Get a heat mat XDDD

I have all my five stacked up in one corner, and they are all doing really well. Just gotta wait now this I need to buy more 3ft vivs, then I'll be screwed as to where to put the stack XD
Laws Posted - 08/03/2011 : 12:41:02
How would you be able to stack should you have a lamp ? We were thinking of doin this in a few months , but if lamps make a diff to the lower or vice versa what wud we do ? X
LynneM_212 Posted - 08/03/2011 : 10:29:05
Louise yea i did see thanks, i received my thermostat, set it up did exactly what you said and all is great now :) she even had her first fuzzie last night ...a ww soo proud lol
Sta~ple Posted - 07/03/2011 : 16:47:55
Mat's don't make a big difference at all, they just take forever to clean but they do look very nice.
lee2308 Posted - 07/03/2011 : 13:11:07
Mats wouldnt make a differance but lamps do
Invalid User Posted - 07/03/2011 : 13:03:42
Hi, I use rubs in a home made rack so can't help with the question.

Also, did you see your other thread you posted about the temps? I and a few others have now replied.

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15078

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000