Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LynneM_212
Hatchling

United Kingdom
236 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2011 :  12:29:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,

Just wanted to see what you guys think on vivarium stacks?? I know quite alot of you have quite a few snakes??

And hopefully in the future i will ... and they seem such a good idea!! They save a lot of space!! and they actually look really cool all on top of each other!!

Also wouldnt the heat mat from the viv above effect the viv below??

1 corn snake: Kchalice-Serendipity
2 dogs: Kane and chester
1 C0ckatill: Rolo
1 gold fish: chips
2 Cats : Max and Jess

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2011 :  13:03:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I use rubs in a home made rack so can't help with the question.

Also, did you see your other thread you posted about the temps? I and a few others have now replied.

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15078

Edited by - Invalid User on 07/03/2011 13:04:53
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2011 :  13:11:07  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mats wouldnt make a differance but lamps do

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2011 :  16:47:55  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mat's don't make a big difference at all, they just take forever to clean but they do look very nice.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

LynneM_212
Hatchling

United Kingdom
236 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2011 :  10:29:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Louise yea i did see thanks, i received my thermostat, set it up did exactly what you said and all is great now :) she even had her first fuzzie last night ...a ww soo proud lol

1 corn snake: Kchalice-Serendipity
2 dogs: Kane and chester
1 C0ckatill: Rolo
1 gold fish: chips
2 Cats : Max and Jess

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2011 :  12:41:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How would you be able to stack should you have a lamp ? We were thinking of doin this in a few months , but if lamps make a diff to the lower or vice versa what wud we do ? X

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2011 :  13:00:32  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Get a heat mat XDDD

I have all my five stacked up in one corner, and they are all doing really well. Just gotta wait now this I need to buy more 3ft vivs, then I'll be screwed as to where to put the stack XD

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
Conan (CB09 Carolina); Ripley (CB09 Ghost); Widget (CB09 Hypo Pewter); Dexter (CB10 Granite); Boa'tata (CB10 Bloodred)
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2011 :  18:06:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LynneM_212

Louise yea i did see thanks, i received my thermostat, set it up did exactly what you said and all is great now :) she even had her first fuzzie last night ...a ww soo proud lol

Brilliant news.

Glad all is going well.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2011 :  08:43:34  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Laws

How would you be able to stack should you have a lamp ? We were thinking of doin this in a few months , but if lamps make a diff to the lower or vice versa what wud we do ? X

Lamps tend to make the floor of the viv above warmer than it should be which can cause regulating temps to be an issue.
I was going to use alumimiun reflectors in my stack for the heat, but after testing found out that the bottom of the viv above gets very warm due to the light.
The only way round this that I worked out was to put an insulating layer between each viv, but for the work involved would've made it easier to still buy individual vivs and just stack on top of each other.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000