The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 WOW another reptile company doesn't like NI

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lotabob Posted - 26/02/2011 : 22:16:24
Internet reptiles, the company I have been using since I started with reptiles has suddenly and unexplainably decided to stop posting to Northern Ireland even though they use Royal mail which costs nothing extra to do so. I have reccommended them on here a few times and I'm really annoyed they'd decide to do that when I'm a loyal customer who has spent hundreds of pound with them.

So I try out Surrey Pet Supplies as reccommended on here and they charge £12 for anything to be delivered here.

We get the raw deal when it comes to internet shopping, half of the companies don't realise Royal Mail covers the whole of the UK for the same cost and the other half use couriers that add huge extra charges.

Rant over.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 27/02/2011 : 01:29:53
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

No thanks I don't like drizzle

People need to use Royal Mail and not because I run a Post Office but because it delivers to everone and treats everyone the same. Doesn't matter where you are from Royal mail lose an equal amount of mail from all regions.

Made me smile LoL

Respect due if you are a PostMaster making ends meet
lotabob Posted - 27/02/2011 : 00:50:56
No thanks I don't like drizzle

People need to use Royal Mail and not because I run a Post Office but because it delivers to everone and treats everyone the same. Doesn't matter where you are from Royal mail lose an equal amount of mail from all regions.
eeji Posted - 27/02/2011 : 00:48:47
you could always move to the Scottish Highlands, delivery companies don't seem to acknowledge that place exists either! :D
gmac Posted - 27/02/2011 : 00:35:02
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:

OK I'm a Yorkshire man living in Northern Ireland. Wanna just kick me in the nethers and have done with it

Genuine LOL at that.
Seriously, it is bad how some companies just seem to not give much thought to you guys over there, mainly it is courier issue as well.
Scotland have just had deliveries stopped to scotland now, which is courier issue as well.

This is true but the foreign office are looking at this and trying to have to border to Scotland opening again soon
n/a Posted - 27/02/2011 : 00:13:34
Royal mail 1st and 2nd class to Northern Irelend is at the rate indicated on the stamp.

Parcel deliveries can attract a higher rate.

Mail order to Northern Ireland attracts legislation regarding money laundering which most suppliers don't want to get involved with as it attracts an additional premium against marghin on the sale.

Is this right, NO, are the suppliers hamstrung by legislation, YES
Kehhlyr Posted - 26/02/2011 : 23:56:29
quote:

OK I'm a Yorkshire man living in Northern Ireland. Wanna just kick me in the nethers and have done with it

Genuine LOL at that.

Seriously, it is bad how some companies just seem to not give much thought to you guys over there, mainly it is courier issue as well.
Scotland have just had deliveries stopped to scotland now, which is courier issue as well.
lotabob Posted - 26/02/2011 : 23:30:09
hillzi Posted - 26/02/2011 : 23:26:29
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Move to a sensible place then.
Which is anywhere on UK mainland, aside from scotland, Yorkshire and Wales.

Here here!
Kehhlyr Posted - 26/02/2011 : 23:16:29
Move to a sensible place then.
Which is anywhere on UK mainland, aside from scotland, Yorkshire and Wales.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000