New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  22:16:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Internet reptiles, the company I have been using since I started with reptiles has suddenly and unexplainably decided to stop posting to Northern Ireland even though they use Royal mail which costs nothing extra to do so. I have reccommended them on here a few times and I'm really annoyed they'd decide to do that when I'm a loyal customer who has spent hundreds of pound with them.

So I try out Surrey Pet Supplies as reccommended on here and they charge £12 for anything to be delivered here.

We get the raw deal when it comes to internet shopping, half of the companies don't realise Royal Mail covers the whole of the UK for the same cost and the other half use couriers that add huge extra charges.

Rant over.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  23:16:29  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Move to a sensible place then.
Which is anywhere on UK mainland, aside from scotland, Yorkshire and Wales.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  23:26:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Move to a sensible place then.
Which is anywhere on UK mainland, aside from scotland, Yorkshire and Wales.

Here here!
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  23:30:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK I'm a Yorkshire man living in Northern Ireland. Wanna just kick me in the nethers and have done with it

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  23:56:29  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

OK I'm a Yorkshire man living in Northern Ireland. Wanna just kick me in the nethers and have done with it

Genuine LOL at that.

Seriously, it is bad how some companies just seem to not give much thought to you guys over there, mainly it is courier issue as well.
Scotland have just had deliveries stopped to scotland now, which is courier issue as well.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

50 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2011 :  00:13:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Royal mail 1st and 2nd class to Northern Irelend is at the rate indicated on the stamp.

Parcel deliveries can attract a higher rate.

Mail order to Northern Ireland attracts legislation regarding money laundering which most suppliers don't want to get involved with as it attracts an additional premium against marghin on the sale.

Is this right, NO, are the suppliers hamstrung by legislation, YES
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2011 :  00:35:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:

Genuine LOL at that.
Seriously, it is bad how some companies just seem to not give much thought to you guys over there, mainly it is courier issue as well.
Scotland have just had deliveries stopped to scotland now, which is courier issue as well.

This is true but the foreign office are looking at this and trying to have to border to Scotland opening again soon

Edited by - gmac on 27/02/2011 00:36:04
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2011 :  00:48:47  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you could always move to the Scottish Highlands, delivery companies don't seem to acknowledge that place exists either! :D

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2011 :  00:50:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No thanks I don't like drizzle

People need to use Royal Mail and not because I run a Post Office but because it delivers to everone and treats everyone the same. Doesn't matter where you are from Royal mail lose an equal amount of mail from all regions.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Edited by - lotabob on 27/02/2011 00:52:31
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

50 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2011 :  01:29:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

No thanks I don't like drizzle

People need to use Royal Mail and not because I run a Post Office but because it delivers to everone and treats everyone the same. Doesn't matter where you are from Royal mail lose an equal amount of mail from all regions.

Made me smile LoL

Respect due if you are a PostMaster making ends meet
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000