The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 I've decided!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lotabob Posted - 26/02/2011 : 18:48:02
I have made my mind up, the snake I will be bringing home at the end of this month will be a Hogg Island Boa.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 27/02/2011 : 15:24:22
Oh it will be, Spot is very jealous of my RUB setup, he had a look last night and was very impressed.

I'm genuinely looking forward to it, I've had to order myself a new camera so I can get some better pictures. I have a SLR but it uses that old fashioned film stuff and I only use that for special occasions.
Mort13 Posted - 27/02/2011 : 13:52:55
Yep,I want photos of the Hogg in various colours please!
I'm sure this time it'll be A ok from the start.
lotabob Posted - 27/02/2011 : 12:57:50
Cheers for the info Mike, I'm not able to get the so called 'big' snakes but would like a nice sized one so the Hogg Island Boa seems to fit the bill. The whole changing colour bit impressed me too, I am looking forward to picking one up in a months time, I have a few bits to sort with the setup and want it perfect BEFORE the snake arrives as I have got it the wrong way round twice and have 100% learn't my lesson.
Mort13 Posted - 27/02/2011 : 12:17:01
Cool,Hoggs are great.....and they change colour too!!
I myself toyed with the idea of one so I definitely think you should get one so I can drool over the photos of it.
mikerichards Posted - 27/02/2011 : 10:43:44
hoggs are a good start, they dont get too big, and they are generally well natured. I find with mine, they need a little more attention than BCi's, certainly the babies. Hoggs dont need any special treatment either, which helps.
If you have a male, he will be very at home in a 3ft viv, a female would be better suited to a 4ft. they are not heavy bodied like other boas, so dont need quite so much space. plenty of space to climb is a good idea, they like that.
lotabob Posted - 26/02/2011 : 23:12:38
I think I may just have to. I have been finishing the Boa's RUB today, will start the BRB RUB tomorrow, Need to make a few fundamental differences, gonna divide the flooring into half moist half dry as its going to be a pig to keep humidity in a RUB
kdlang Posted - 26/02/2011 : 23:09:25
What the heck - get both lol
lotabob Posted - 26/02/2011 : 21:58:06
Already did when I bought the royal python, duct tape is the only thing keeping it together now.
lrv2307 Posted - 26/02/2011 : 21:55:56
steady on mate youll head will explode with trying to decide lol
lotabob Posted - 26/02/2011 : 21:31:37
there is a BRB coming into the shop in the next few weeks, so I'm sure I'll be tempted. I really liked the Hogg island Boa they had, very calm and beautiful. Its so hard to choose when there are so many beautiful snakes about. I think I'm better equipt to deal with a Hogg Island Boa though, the whole very high humidity thing with BRB makes me a little bit nervous, I'm sure I'll cope but maybe wait for a tiny bit more experience with Boas.
Newbie Posted - 26/02/2011 : 20:19:06
Awww I'm sure it will be lovely
Sta~ple Posted - 26/02/2011 : 19:57:23
Lol what happened to the brb and mbk XD
lotabob Posted - 26/02/2011 : 18:56:31
Not really, but for now, though the guy did say he is getting in some BRB hatchlings in the next few weeks so might end up with one of them either instead or as well as.
lrv2307 Posted - 26/02/2011 : 18:49:35
are you sure?? lol

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000