New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  18:48:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have made my mind up, the snake I will be bringing home at the end of this month will be a Hogg Island Boa.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  18:49:35  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
are you sure?? lol

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  18:56:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not really, but for now, though the guy did say he is getting in some BRB hatchlings in the next few weeks so might end up with one of them either instead or as well as.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  19:57:23  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lol what happened to the brb and mbk XD

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  20:19:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww I'm sure it will be lovely

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  21:31:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there is a BRB coming into the shop in the next few weeks, so I'm sure I'll be tempted. I really liked the Hogg island Boa they had, very calm and beautiful. Its so hard to choose when there are so many beautiful snakes about. I think I'm better equipt to deal with a Hogg Island Boa though, the whole very high humidity thing with BRB makes me a little bit nervous, I'm sure I'll cope but maybe wait for a tiny bit more experience with Boas.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Edited by - lotabob on 26/02/2011 21:33:24
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  21:55:56  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
steady on mate youll head will explode with trying to decide lol

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  21:58:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Already did when I bought the royal python, duct tape is the only thing keeping it together now.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  23:09:25  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What the heck - get both lol

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  23:12:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I may just have to. I have been finishing the Boa's RUB today, will start the BRB RUB tomorrow, Need to make a few fundamental differences, gonna divide the flooring into half moist half dry as its going to be a pig to keep humidity in a RUB

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2011 :  10:43:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hoggs are a good start, they dont get too big, and they are generally well natured. I find with mine, they need a little more attention than BCi's, certainly the babies. Hoggs dont need any special treatment either, which helps.
If you have a male, he will be very at home in a 3ft viv, a female would be better suited to a 4ft. they are not heavy bodied like other boas, so dont need quite so much space. plenty of space to climb is a good idea, they like that.

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2011 :  12:17:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool,Hoggs are great.....and they change colour too!!
I myself toyed with the idea of one so I definitely think you should get one so I can drool over the photos of it.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Edited by - Mort13 on 27/02/2011 12:17:20
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2011 :  12:57:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers for the info Mike, I'm not able to get the so called 'big' snakes but would like a nice sized one so the Hogg Island Boa seems to fit the bill. The whole changing colour bit impressed me too, I am looking forward to picking one up in a months time, I have a few bits to sort with the setup and want it perfect BEFORE the snake arrives as I have got it the wrong way round twice and have 100% learn't my lesson.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2011 :  13:52:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep,I want photos of the Hogg in various colours please!
I'm sure this time it'll be A ok from the start.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2011 :  15:24:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh it will be, Spot is very jealous of my RUB setup, he had a look last night and was very impressed.

I'm genuinely looking forward to it, I've had to order myself a new camera so I can get some better pictures. I have a SLR but it uses that old fashioned film stuff and I only use that for special occasions.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000