The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 About to shed, WAIT! False alarm.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lotabob Posted - 08/01/2011 : 00:27:21
As it said, Spot has been hiding away in blue for the week, he came out today not in blue anymore and was crashing around his viv like a snake on a mission. I thought he was about to shed his skin so assumed a seated position in front of the viv to get to watch him shed.

Tail goes up, massive poo goes down, back into his hide. I could have afforded to missed that performance and was left with a huge mess to clean up. Cheers Spot, he'll do it when I'm sleeping now.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 08/01/2011 : 15:19:07
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

Well Nimbus just came out and was weaving through his vine so I thought, oh this might be it......

No, he did a poo then went back to hide lol

Must be the week for false alarms.
Invalid User Posted - 08/01/2011 : 15:09:51
Well Nimbus just came out and was weaving through his vine so I thought, oh this might be it......

No, he did a poo then went back to hide lol
Benji54 Posted - 08/01/2011 : 14:45:28
yeah i know what you mean! my fiancee sat on the floor and watched my royal shed from start to finish! i gave up and after 30 minitues, it took over 3 hours lol! ive been told tho that these corns are quite quick shedders so i think you and i will be in the same boat till they get undressed lol! good luck!
lotabob Posted - 08/01/2011 : 14:42:35
I saw the first one, but missed the second one, this is his third and its been 8 weeks (I think off the top of my head) so I'm on shed watch too. Every litle noise I hear I have to check.
Benji54 Posted - 08/01/2011 : 14:04:22
my biscuit was back to normal after being blue last night so im expecting a shed any day now. my missus loves to watch em shed so hopefully we wont miss it!
lotabob Posted - 08/01/2011 : 13:39:27
I know, sometimes even longer than that. Spot usually only waits 1-2 days before shedding.
a33272 Posted - 08/01/2011 : 13:34:52
it can take upto a week after coming out of blue before they shed
lotabob Posted - 08/01/2011 : 13:27:59
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

I'm still waiting for Nimbus to shed. He has been back to normal colour for a day now so i keep watching him as I really want to see it.

I will be gutted if I only get to see him take a big dump lol

PMSL, he hasn't shed yet. I'm going to probably jinx it but its going to happen this evening. I think Nimbus and Spot are running on the same schedule, I'm sure he was shedding last time Spot did too.
Invalid User Posted - 08/01/2011 : 12:25:24
I'm still waiting for Nimbus to shed. He has been back to normal colour for a day now so i keep watching him as I really want to see it.

I will be gutted if I only get to see him take a big dump lol
a33272 Posted - 08/01/2011 : 11:32:14
all snakes go back to normal colour after they have gone blue before they finally shed
Sta~ple Posted - 08/01/2011 : 11:32:10
Well I suppose pooping before the shed is better :) My dirty lot poop while they shed so it ends up on the shed so I can't keep it.
smiffy89 Posted - 08/01/2011 : 04:23:38
jaffa my amel usually goes in blue then returns to a normal colour before shedding
stotty01 Posted - 08/01/2011 : 00:33:43
they normally poop before they shed :) so you might wake up with a shed :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000