New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  00:27:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As it said, Spot has been hiding away in blue for the week, he came out today not in blue anymore and was crashing around his viv like a snake on a mission. I thought he was about to shed his skin so assumed a seated position in front of the viv to get to watch him shed.

Tail goes up, massive poo goes down, back into his hide. I could have afforded to missed that performance and was left with a huge mess to clean up. Cheers Spot, he'll do it when I'm sleeping now.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  00:33:43  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
they normally poop before they shed :) so you might wake up with a shed :)

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

smiffy89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  04:23:38  Show Profile  Click to see smiffy89's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
jaffa my amel usually goes in blue then returns to a normal colour before shedding
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  11:32:10  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well I suppose pooping before the shed is better :) My dirty lot poop while they shed so it ends up on the shed so I can't keep it.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  11:32:14  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
all snakes go back to normal colour after they have gone blue before they finally shed

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  12:25:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm still waiting for Nimbus to shed. He has been back to normal colour for a day now so i keep watching him as I really want to see it.

I will be gutted if I only get to see him take a big dump lol
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  13:27:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

I'm still waiting for Nimbus to shed. He has been back to normal colour for a day now so i keep watching him as I really want to see it.

I will be gutted if I only get to see him take a big dump lol

PMSL, he hasn't shed yet. I'm going to probably jinx it but its going to happen this evening. I think Nimbus and Spot are running on the same schedule, I'm sure he was shedding last time Spot did too.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  13:34:52  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
it can take upto a week after coming out of blue before they shed

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  13:39:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know, sometimes even longer than that. Spot usually only waits 1-2 days before shedding.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

Benji54
Hatchling

United Kingdom
449 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  14:04:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my biscuit was back to normal after being blue last night so im expecting a shed any day now. my missus loves to watch em shed so hopefully we wont miss it!

1.1.0 corns "wotsit" and "biscuit"
1.0.0 Royal "ophion"
0.1.0 Coastal Carpet Python "Serendipity"
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake "Obsidian"
0.1.0 Bunny Rabbit (?) "truffle"

R.I.P "Prisma Pequeno"
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  14:42:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw the first one, but missed the second one, this is his third and its been 8 weeks (I think off the top of my head) so I'm on shed watch too. Every litle noise I hear I have to check.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

Benji54
Hatchling

United Kingdom
449 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  14:45:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah i know what you mean! my fiancee sat on the floor and watched my royal shed from start to finish! i gave up and after 30 minitues, it took over 3 hours lol! ive been told tho that these corns are quite quick shedders so i think you and i will be in the same boat till they get undressed lol! good luck!

1.1.0 corns "wotsit" and "biscuit"
1.0.0 Royal "ophion"
0.1.0 Coastal Carpet Python "Serendipity"
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake "Obsidian"
0.1.0 Bunny Rabbit (?) "truffle"

R.I.P "Prisma Pequeno"
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  15:09:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Nimbus just came out and was weaving through his vine so I thought, oh this might be it......

No, he did a poo then went back to hide lol
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  15:19:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

Well Nimbus just came out and was weaving through his vine so I thought, oh this might be it......

No, he did a poo then went back to hide lol

Must be the week for false alarms.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000